Ghostbusters: Afterlife (upcoming sequel)

In summary, "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" follows a single mother and her two children as they move to a small town and uncover their family's connection to the original Ghostbusters. It is a direct sequel to the first two "Ghostbusters" films and is directed by Jason Reitman, son of the original director. Several original cast members are confirmed to be returning, including Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Sigourney Weaver, and Annie Potts. The film was originally set to be released in July 2020 but was delayed due to the pandemic, and is now scheduled for release on November 11, 2021, in the US and November 12, 2021, in the
DennisN
Gold Member
2023 Award
Ghostbusters: Afterlife is an upcoming sequel to the classic Ghostbusters (1984).
I loved the original movie when I was a kid, and I actually look forward to seeing this sequel.
I think the trailer is pretty cool:

GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE - Official Trailer (HD)

Likes hmmm27
Physics news on Phys.org
It sure looks better than Ghostbusters 2016; I guess that's not really setting the bar very high, though :wink:. Bonus points for Paul Rudd!

• Haha
Likes DennisN
Didn't mind that one much, except the lack of continuity which - apparently - this one has.

Will it feature Annie Potts? Will it feature a young Annie Potts? Answer the second question first.

1. What is the plot of "Ghostbusters: Afterlife"?

The film follows a family who moves to a small town and discovers their connection to the original Ghostbusters team. They must uncover the town's mysterious past and stop a new supernatural threat.

2. Will the original Ghostbusters cast be returning for this sequel?

Yes, the surviving original cast members, including Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, and Ernie Hudson, will be reprising their roles in the film. Additionally, Sigourney Weaver and Annie Potts are also set to return.

3. Is "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" a direct sequel to the original films?

Yes, the film is considered a direct sequel to the original 1984 "Ghostbusters" and its 1989 sequel "Ghostbusters II." It will also ignore the events of the 2016 reboot film.

4. Who are the new characters in "Ghostbusters: Afterlife"?

The main new characters are the members of the family who move to the small town, including the mother Callie (played by Carrie Coon), her son Trevor (Finn Wolfhard), and daughter Phoebe (McKenna Grace). Paul Rudd also joins the cast as a teacher in the town.

5. When will "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" be released?

The film was originally set to release in July 2020 but has been delayed multiple times due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The current release date is November 11, 2021.