Go Navy! Beat Army!Navy Fans: Cheer for Victory Over Army!

• Thread starter russ_watters
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Army Navy
In summary, during Army football practice, a player found a mysterious white powder which turned out to be the goal line. After investigation, practice resumed and the team was unlikely to encounter the substance during their upcoming game against Navy. The joke was appreciated by the son of a Navy graduate who was watching the game with his friends. The conversation also included a mention of UA's victory over ASU.
russ_watters
Mentor
I know no one but me cares, but whatever. This was funny though, I found it posted on foxsports.com's message board:
Subject: ANTHRAX SCARE AT ARMY
Army football practice was delayed nearly two hours late this morning after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field.

Head Coach Stan Brock immediately suspended practice while police and federal agents were called to investigate. After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts determined that the white substance, unknown to players, was the goal line.

Practice was resumed this afternoon after special agents decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance this week against Navy.

Physics news on Phys.org
My son, a recent Navy ROTC graduate, and now an ensign, appreciated this. He was watching the game with a bunch of his Navy cohorts when I called him.

At least they didn't try to snort the white powder...

We'll see...

Army never got close to the white power.

Go army!

FredGarvin said:
Go army!
You should have told them that yesterday! I think the coaches forgot to tell the team the game started! :biggrin:

I chuckled a bit. Reminds me of a similar joke about the Lions.

On an almost related note, UA destroyed ASU last night!

1. What is the significance of "Go Navy! Beat Army!"?

"Go Navy! Beat Army!" is a battle cry used by the United States Naval Academy to show their support for their football team and to rally against their rival, the United States Military Academy. It represents the intense competition and history between the two service academies.

2. When did the tradition of "Go Navy! Beat Army!" begin?

The tradition of "Go Navy! Beat Army!" dates back to 1890 when the first Army-Navy football game was played. The phrase was first used by Navy fans in the 1930s and has since become a popular chant and slogan for the Naval Academy.

3. Has Navy been more successful than Army in the Army-Navy football game?

Currently, Navy holds the record for the most wins against Army in the Army-Navy football game. As of 2021, Navy has won 61 games while Army has won 53. There have also been 7 ties between the two teams.

4. Is "Go Navy! Beat Army!" only used for the football game?

While "Go Navy! Beat Army!" is most commonly used for the Army-Navy football game, it is also used for other sports and events where the two academies compete against each other. It has become a symbol of pride and camaraderie for the Naval Academy community.

5. Who typically wins the Army-Navy football game?

The Army-Navy football game is known for being a close and competitive match, but Navy has historically been more successful, winning 61 out of the total 121 games played. However, both teams have had periods of dominance throughout the history of the rivalry.