Good resources to learn physics?

alyssoide
Hi,

I am a first year college student who is currently taking intro to physics course. With the way this course is designed, it is definitely not beginner friendly as I took physics for two years straight in high school and is still a little confused. To add to injury, I also just bombed my first test. I am determined to understand and improve, regardless of marks. This course is more on the conceptual side and is not calculus related. So far we are dealing with Kinematics and dynamics. Do any of you guys have good resources to recommend along with practice problems that I can solve on my own time?

Any advice is appreciated!

Last edited:
Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. :smile:

You will get many other suggestions here in your thread, but have a look at this other thread and the book that the Original Poster (OP) ordered to help them get more comfortable with working introductory Physics problems:
freeswordfish said:
I bought this book https://www.amazon.com/dp/1482086921/?tag=pfamazon01-20 off of Amazon, I'm hoping it can help me.
(click the up-arrow in the post to be taken to the actual post)

Likes Math100 and alyssoide
berkeman said:
Welcome to PF. :smile:

You will get many other suggestions here in your thread, but have a look at this other thread and the book that the Original Poster (OP) ordered to help them get more comfortable with working introductory Physics problems:

(click the up-arrow in the post to be taken to the actual post)
THANK YOU!!! I will most definitely check it out!

Likes DeBangis21 and berkeman

1. What are the best online resources for learning physics?

Some of the best online resources for learning physics include Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare, and Physics Classroom. These websites offer a variety of lessons, videos, and interactive simulations to help you understand the concepts of physics.

2. Are there any recommended textbooks for learning physics?

Some popular textbooks for learning physics include "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday and Resnick, "University Physics" by Young and Freedman, and "Introduction to Classical Mechanics" by David Morin. It is best to consult with your instructor or do some research to find the textbook that best fits your needs.

3. Are there any free resources available for learning physics?

Yes, there are many free resources available for learning physics. Some of them include online lectures and tutorials, open access textbooks, and educational videos on YouTube. You can also find many free practice problems and quizzes on various websites to help you test your understanding of the concepts.

4. What is the best way to study physics?

The best way to study physics is by actively engaging with the material. This can include taking notes, practicing problems, and discussing concepts with others. It is also important to review regularly and seek help from your instructor or peers when needed.

5. Are there any specific resources for learning advanced topics in physics?

Yes, there are many resources available for learning advanced topics in physics. Some universities offer online courses and lectures on specific topics, and there are also many research papers and articles available online. It is also helpful to join online forums or discussion groups to connect with others who are studying or working in the field of physics.