Google offering free wireless broadband

In summary: TiSP system.In summary, the conversation touches on the topic of Google's growing success and expansion into various areas such as broadband and communication tools. The link provided leads to a humorous April Fool's joke by Google called "TiSP" which promises sanitary online access. Other users also mention previous jokes by Google, such as an energy drink and Gmail paper. There is also a mention of a news item about Mozilla suing Microsoft for the use of tabs. One user takes 30 minutes to understand the joke and another points out a link on the FAQ page that explains the "physics" behind TiSP.
Physics news on Phys.org
Is it just me or is google reallllly starting to grow. I mean lately, skype, google talk, video, youtube, now broadband? They are turning into a walmart. I must say though, all of their ideas are very well thought out and I like all their tools.Thanks for the link, I will read about it. :-)

edit: ROFL this post is golden now that I have read it. :smile:

I had my hopes up that it would be a skype pc-to-telephone type deal where they snag you with free stuff but then start charging later. :frown:

Last edited:
mattmns said:

:smile: very nice. I have to admit, I didn't really get it to start with, but as soon as I opened the "how TiSP works" page it's pretty clear it's a joke!

april fools day, duhhh I should have known. lol

Oh, and did you hear about Mozilla suing MS for the use of tabs?

You see a couple of news items like this on /. and you know what's it all about even before reading the article.

At long last, sanitary online access. Bravo!

Hahaha, Google always seems to do good april fool's jokes. I think last year's was about a Google Energy drink.

Even better, now there's Gmail paper! :smile:

"post consumer organic soybean sputum" - there's gold for you! :biggrin:

Last edited:
It took me 30 minutes to get it :frown:

on the FAQ page

http://www.google.com/tisp/faq.html

there's a link in the "Does my water company support TiSP?" paragraph to "A full list of companies" that explains the "physics"

Related to Google offering free wireless broadband

1. What is Google offering with their free wireless broadband service?

Google is offering free high-speed wireless internet access to users in select areas. This means that people will be able to connect their devices to the internet without having to pay for a subscription or use their mobile data.

2. How does Google's free wireless broadband service work?

Google's free wireless broadband service works by using a network of small wireless transmitters and receivers placed on buildings and other structures. These transmitters communicate with each other to create a wireless network, allowing users to connect to the internet without using traditional cables or landlines.

3. Is Google's free wireless broadband service available everywhere?

No, Google's free wireless broadband service is currently only available in select areas. The company is working on expanding the service to more locations, but for now, it is only available in certain cities and neighborhoods.

4. How fast is Google's free wireless broadband service?

Google's free wireless broadband service offers high-speed internet access, with speeds comparable to traditional wired broadband services. The exact speed may vary depending on the location and the number of users connected to the network, but it is generally fast enough for streaming, browsing, and other online activities.

5. What is the cost of Google's free wireless broadband service?

As the name suggests, Google's free wireless broadband service is completely free. There is no subscription fee or hidden costs associated with using the service. However, users may need to purchase a compatible device or router to connect to the network.