Graphene ribbon and Landau Energy Bands of Graphite

In summary: Graf,Your data is in a PDF format. Can't you just type the data into Excel and graph it?Ok, I'll try to it thanks a lot.
graf
hı ;
Pleaseee help mee.
My thesis subject is graphene ribbon and Landau Energy Bands of Graphite. I am trying to plot graphics in energy levels of tight-binding electrons in graphane in the presence magnetic field but I couldn't plot graphic exactly .Can you give me information how I can draw the graphics .

Physics news on Phys.org

graf said:
hı ;
Pleaseee help mee.
My thesis subject is graphene ribbon and Landau Energy Bands of Graphite. I am trying to plot graphics in energy levels of tight-binding electrons in graphane in the presence magnetic field but I couldn't plot graphic exactly .Can you give me information how I can draw the graphics .

Welcome to the PF.

What is the source of your data? What format is your data in? What word processing software is you thesis in?

Thank you for your reply!

Please give me your e-maıl address , ı send you source of my data ...

I am a student in ankara university in Turkey master degree at physics depratment.
My thesis subject is graphene ribbon and Landau Energy Bands of Graphite.

ırmak

What is your purpose? Do you want calcualte the tight binding parameters of the system? Perhaps i can help yu:shy:

graf said:
Thank you for your reply!

Please give me your e-maıl address , ı send you source of my data ...

Just post it here...

ı am using thıs artıcle that name is The electronic properties of graphene .(A.H. Castro Neto F.Guınea january 2009 )I am trying to plot graphics in Graphite ribbon Page 21 Figure 21.. (Fourteen Energy levels of tight-binding electrons in graphene in the presence of a magnetic flux)but I couldn't plot graphic exactly .Can you give me information how I can draw the graphics of figure 21 .

berkeman said:
Just post it here...

I want to send you my data but ı couldn"t :(

graf said:
<< e-mail address deleted by berkeman >> my e-mail address . Please you send me e-mail .. then ı send you . I very difficult situation of this matter.. thanks..

Sorry graf, we do not allow posting of personal e-mail addresses in the open forums -- it attracts spam bots, and there are other privacy issues.

What format is the data in? Excel? CSV? What? And why is it hard to plot?

ok ı understand ..my data is artıcle (pdf) .ıts very dıffıcult for me .I try to plot graphıcs a lot but ı couldn't ..ıts very ımportant for me . my thesis will finish thıs perıod but ı couldn't it .. so that reason my thesıs will not finish and couldn't start a PhD this period.(

graf said:
ok ı understand ..my data is artıcle (pdf) .ıts very dıffıcult for me .I try to plot graphıcs a lot but ı couldn't ..ıts very ımportant for me . my thesis will finish thıs perıod but ı couldn't it .. so that reason my thesıs will not finish and couldn't start a PhD this period.(

So it sounds like it's not "your" data -- it is data in PDF format from another person's original article? Can't you just type the data into Excel and graph it?

ok ı try to it thanks a lot ..

1. What is graphene ribbon?

Graphene ribbon is a narrow strip of graphene, a single layer of carbon atoms arranged in a hexagonal lattice. It is a two-dimensional material with unique properties, including high strength, flexibility, and electrical and thermal conductivity.

2. How is graphene ribbon different from graphene?

Graphene ribbon is structurally different from graphene, as it is a narrow strip rather than a single sheet. Additionally, graphene ribbon has different properties due to its size and shape, such as edge effects and quantum confinement.

3. What are Landau Energy Bands of graphite?

Landau Energy Bands of graphite refer to the energy levels of electrons in a graphite crystal when subjected to a magnetic field. These energy levels form distinct bands, known as Landau levels, which can be observed through various spectroscopic techniques.

4. How do Landau Energy Bands of graphite affect its properties?

The Landau Energy Bands of graphite play a crucial role in determining its electrical and thermal conductivity, as well as its magnetic properties. The distinct energy levels of electrons in the presence of a magnetic field contribute to these unique properties of graphite.

5. What are the applications of Graphene ribbon and Landau Energy Bands of Graphite?

Graphene ribbon and Landau Energy Bands of graphite have various potential applications in fields such as electronics, energy storage, and biotechnology. Graphene ribbon can be used to create flexible and transparent electronic devices, while the Landau Energy Bands of graphite can be utilized in developing advanced magnetic materials and sensors.