Greetings from a mechanical undergrad

• Thread starter Johan M
  • Start date
In summary, a mechanical undergrad is a student majoring in mechanical engineering, which focuses on mechanical systems. Common courses include mechanics, thermodynamics, materials science, and design and manufacturing. Mechanical undergrads develop skills in problem-solving, critical thinking, technical design, and project management, as well as a strong understanding of math and science. Career opportunities include industries such as automotive, aerospace, energy, and manufacturing. Challenges faced include heavy course loads, complex problem-solving tasks, and the need for hands-on experience. Time management and strong study skills are also important for success.
Johan M
Hi everyone. I am a final year mechanical engineering student. I have had a basic introduction in cfd. I am currently working on a EDF rocket as my final project, although I have zero experience in the RC world. I look foward to meeting new people and gaining knowledge from the physics forum

Likes berkeman and Leo Liu
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Johan M said:
Hi everyone. I am a final year mechanical engineering student. I have had a basic introduction in cfd. I am currently working on a EDF rocket as my final project, although I have zero experience in the RC world. I look foward to meeting new people and gaining knowledge from the physics forum
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvOOejRYeoctsRgOEby0vvA
The guy who made these videos is a university student in China. He designed and built a TVC solid propellant rocket in his first year. You might want to take a look at his work before you plan your project.

Last edited:
Likes Johan M
Thank you for the link!I will have a look at it:smile:

Likes Lnewqban

Related to Greetings from a mechanical undergrad

1. What is a mechanical undergrad?

A mechanical undergrad is a student who is majoring in mechanical engineering, which is a branch of engineering that focuses on the design, development, and production of mechanical systems.

2. What are some common courses taken by mechanical undergrads?

Some common courses taken by mechanical undergrads include mechanics, thermodynamics, materials science, and design and manufacturing.

3. What skills do mechanical undergrads develop?

Mechanical undergrads develop skills in problem-solving, critical thinking, technical design, and project management. They also gain a strong understanding of mathematical and scientific principles.

4. What career opportunities are available for mechanical undergrads?

Mechanical undergrads can pursue careers in a variety of industries, including automotive, aerospace, energy, and manufacturing. They may work as design engineers, project managers, or research and development engineers.

5. What are some challenges faced by mechanical undergrads?

Some challenges faced by mechanical undergrads include heavy course loads, complex problem-solving tasks, and the need for hands-on experience in labs and projects. Time management and strong study skills are also important for success in this field.