Guys would you wear Ed Hardy or Affliction clothing?

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Clothing
In summary: I get annoyed when I can't understand the lyrics, but I still enjoy the song. This summary is about the In summary, people who like the clothing Affliction are considered by experts to be suckers. The clothes are expensive, and people would not likely wear them.
hollyrenee said:
Yeah, exactly. They justified spending $350 on a pair of jeans by arguing that the denim is of better quality, thus they will last longer and pay for themselves in the long run. The only problem with that is that within 6 months or so another trendy brand generally pops up and it is suddenly a must have. Then those super high-quality jeans that would last forever end up shunned to the back of the closet where they will sit and gather dust for all eternity. :biggrin:

As far as jeans go, those are acceptable to wear until holes are forming in them. So the quality argument is just an excuse to buy something trendy.
I have some 10$ jeans that have lasted me 10 years. I guess theirs last for 350 years.
But I don't mind paying 10 dollars for some new jeans once a decade.

Physics news on Phys.org
I've never heard of Ed Hardy or Affliction clothing.

I wear what my wife buys for me :biggrin: , so she's not embarrassed to be seen with me in public. Otherwise I wear jeans and T-shirts with pockets (unless it's a tank top - or wife beater shirt as my wife calls them). I'd be quite happy in clothes from the Salvation Army.

My wife buys nice pants/slacks from Land's End or LL Bean. She recently bought some Dockers on sale.

I pay minimally for shoes as well, and I prefer to wear sandals to shoes. Actually I prefer not to wear shoes, but people seem to have a problem with that.

I've seen shirts like that on the racks at the stores occasionally. I never really looked at them. I always thought that they looked like cheap crap.

I mostly like plain solid shirts and flannel or plain over shirts. Occasionally I oggle the neat shirts at http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/sciencemath/.

leroyjenkens said:
As far as jeans go, those are acceptable to wear until holes are forming in them. So the quality argument is just an excuse to buy something trendy.
I have some 10$ jeans that have lasted me 10 years. I guess theirs last for 350 years.
But I don't mind paying 10 dollars for some new jeans once a decade.

I used to buy $10 jeans, and they always lasted quite a long time. I don't know if I've ever thrown out a cheap pair of jeans for having holes in it, but more that I no longer could squeeze my growing butt into them. In the past few years, though, I've had to buy jeans more in the $30 range to get anything that fits me right. I WISH I could wear the cheaper jeans..afterall, they're just jeans...but part of the point of jeans is they need to fit to be functional. I don't wear jeans to go out for social occasions, I wear them to work in. The really expensive ones ($50 and up) are NOT better quality, they are more likely to be thinner denim that will get holes pretty quickly if you actually wear them to work in. They are meant to be stylish, not functional. The cheapest jeans have always withstood getting holes in them the longest.

Most girls I know can't wear jeans under 100 dollars because they will truly fit really really terribly. Most of my jeans are in the 40 dollar range but I am going to look at some 100+ jeans sometime soon. If they seem worth it, I'll get them.

Ed Hardy and Affliction have been pretty hot here (CA) for a while. Perfectly normal people wear them, so there's no association to be worried about. Personally, I don't like to wear clothing items with skulls all over them, so I don't buy the stuff. Also, I buy my shirts with the intent to keep wearing them for several years, so I go for stuff that's not so super-trendy that it will be out of style in 6 months.

And LA is the Land of Expensive Jeans...I don't have my finger on the pulse of denim fashion, but I think Rock & Republic is the thing right now. Those jeans go for $300+, and you can find them everywhere. I tried some on once, but I didn't like the huge logo on the pocket and exaggerated stitching (i.e. thick white thread against dark blue!).

TheStatutoryApe said:
Occasionally I oggle the neat shirts at http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/sciencemath/.

That site it wonderful!

I list towards blank shirts and instead purchase them for colour and quality. I've not seen Ed Hardy or Affliction clothing before. (Not to the best of my knowledge, anyway.) But then again, I'm entirely out of that phase of life. Just looking here on this thread at what's on offer, it doesn't look like appealing stuff to me. Then again, I'm not trying to make any overt statements about being rebellious by flaunting skulls and thereby defying death. :wink:

ozymandias said:
I've never seen an artificially made fabric that didn't have a better, natural counterpart.

mgb_phys said:
Gortex - canvas
Polartec - tweed
Neoprene - rubber
Polypropylene - cotton

I'm confused, mgb_phys, which are you suggesting is superior? Or are you?

Astronuc said:
I pay minimally for shoes as well, and I prefer to wear sandals to shoes. Actually I prefer not to wear shoes, but people seem to have a problem with that.

With shoes, I have to wear socks that need to be washed/replaced ever so often. So I also don't wear shoes.

$350 for a pair of jeans? $100 for a t-shirt? My god! You can spend a week in Mexico for that much and still have enough left over for about 10 cool t-shirts:

pf_cabo_shirtwithanimportantmessage.jpg

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, yes, (hic!), I'd like to buy that t-shirt señor. It'll be something, (hic!), I'll be able to wear, to all sorts of sozzial events, back home...

ps. never paid more than $15 for a T, nor more than $30 for a pair of pants in my life. So the answer is no. Unless I found some at the thrift store of course.

galenxia said:
cool t-shirt. where can i get one ?

My guess would be Cabo San Lucas. :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
My guess would be Cabo San Lucas. :biggrin:

Did you get yourself any cool shirts at the crawfish festival?

rootX said:
Something like

http://www.johnnygreenmart.com/khxc/media/ccp0/prodlg/Basic_Plain_White_T_Shirt.jpg
411AP6TfgdL.jpg

is nice.. (all of my t-shirts are plain and simple)

you and me both, brotha. $5 plain tees at acadamy sports in assorted colors. buy them a size large since they're cheap and draw up in the wash. still better material than the affliction from what i hear, but i wouldn't be caught dead in that douchebaggery.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is guido and chav clothing at its finest.

Back