Handling CC2540BLE firmware & hardware

• Thread starter HighTechPower
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hardware
In summary, the conversation is about driving a motor using TI's CC2540 Bluetooth IC. The person already has the IC and CC debugger but needs help with the design and software. They are familiar with programming in 'C' but are new to real-time clock and TI's software. They are also looking for useful links for more information. The conversation also mentions the need for BLE certification for the motor drive unit.
HighTechPower
Hi. I have to drive a motor using TI's CC2540 blue tooth IC. The order is already placed for IC and CC debugger. I have very limited time to design it's hardware as well as software. I think hardware part is easy for me. However in case of software I need verbal suggestions as soon possible like which software will be used and how to handle real time clock as I would have to give command from an android application (which will be made by someone else) to run this motor at some fixed date and timetable. I'm new to real time clock and TI's software. I know how to program in 'C'. Any useful links also welcomed.

Engineering news on Phys.org
It will help you to get more responses if you include links to more information, like the TI info page on this BLE microcontroller (uC):

https://www.ti.com/product/CC2540?u...D7sYQhI69HJkHINWcnhoCO20QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

What are you going to use for your motor drive IC? What kind/size of motor? What will be your power source for this BLE motor assembly?

Which of the Application Notes at that TI link have you read so far? What are your plans for obtaining BLE certification for this BLE motor drive unit?

1612365127898.png

Likes jim mcnamara

1. What is CC2540BLE firmware and hardware?

CC2540BLE firmware and hardware refer to the firmware and hardware components of the CC2540BLE system-on-chip (SoC) developed by Texas Instruments. This SoC is commonly used in Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) applications and provides a low-power, low-cost solution for wireless communication.

2. How do I handle CC2540BLE firmware and hardware?

Handling CC2540BLE firmware and hardware requires a basic understanding of embedded systems and programming. You will need to use a development tool, such as the CC2540 development kit, to write and debug your firmware code. You will also need to have a good understanding of the CC2540BLE hardware specifications and datasheet to properly configure and use the SoC.

3. Can I customize the CC2540BLE firmware and hardware?

Yes, you can customize the CC2540BLE firmware and hardware to fit your specific application needs. The CC2540BLE firmware is written in C language and can be modified using a development tool. You can also use the GPIO pins on the CC2540BLE to connect external hardware components and expand its functionality.

4. What are some common challenges when handling CC2540BLE firmware and hardware?

Some common challenges when handling CC2540BLE firmware and hardware include understanding the complex hardware architecture and specifications, debugging firmware code, and ensuring compatibility with other components in your system. It is also important to consider power consumption and signal strength when working with BLE applications.

5. Are there any resources available for learning about CC2540BLE firmware and hardware?

Yes, there are many resources available for learning about CC2540BLE firmware and hardware. Texas Instruments provides a comprehensive datasheet and user guide for the CC2540BLE, as well as application notes and tutorials on their website. There are also online forums and communities where you can ask questions and get support from other developers working with CC2540BLE.