Have you ever read about the life of Jesus of Nazareth ?

• Thread starter 12noon
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the similarities between the lives of Jesus of Nazareth and the Egyptian god Horus. Both were said to have been born of a virgin, with Horus' mother being named Meri and Jesus' mother being known as Miriam or Mary. Both also had foster fathers named Seb and Joseph, and were born in a cave or stable. The conversation also mentions that the idea of a virgin birth was common in that era and that some cults may have been based on this concept. The conversation also touches on the claim that Jesus may have been a hunch-back, though this is not confirmed. The overall discussion suggests that the myth of Jesus was likely based on earlier gods and legends.
12noon
Have you ever read about the life of Jesus of Nazareth ?
Have you ever read about the life of the Egyptian God Horus ?
o:)
What do you think of this then :-

Conception: Horus : By a virgin. Jesus : By a virgin.
Mother: Horus : Meri.. Jesus : Miriam (a.k.a. Mary).
Foster father: Horus : Seb, (Jo-Seph). Jesus : Joseph.
Birth location: Horus : In a cave. Jesus : In a cave or stable.

You can find even more http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa5.htm"

Anyway would you say these two had the same life story or did someone take parts from one story to add to the other ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
This looks like spam to me, but I'll move this to the Humanities forum and leave it up to Ian and Monique.

Remove the link if you want, but i didn't post it as Spam.

I thought it should go with all the other way out topics that people have posted. Oh well never mind. I'll not bother next time.

About the time I was going to apologize, I see that you claim Jesus was a hunch-back? Are you serious?

It is my understanding, I have no references, that in that era "virgin birth" was pretty common. Of course this "special" event was the basis for a cult of some sort. The fact that some of these cults survived is not so surprising.

Ivan Seeking said:
About the time I was going to apologize, I see that you claim Jesus was a hunch-back? Are you serious?
I can't remember where i read it now, but i was reading about the gospels and the fact that they had more than just the ones in the bible and found something to do with Jesus being a small ugly looking bloke. I'm sure it said he was a hunch back. I could be wrong though and things aren't always true when you read them on the internet.

Okay, sorry about that. Your first post threw me. We see a lot of spam and we get pretty quick at spotting it. Obviously I was too hasty. :smile:

...though I doubt Jesus was a hunch-back. :biggrin:

It's pretty clear that the mythical Jesus was based upon earlier gods and legends.
Ivan Seeking said:
...though I doubt Jesus was a hunch-back. :biggrin:
I doubt Jesus was anything at all. :wink:

You are saying that he didn't even exist?

What are the similarities between Jesus and Horus?

Both Jesus and Horus are known as divine or god-like figures in their respective religions. They are both said to have been born to a virgin mother, performed miracles, and were resurrected after death.

Did Jesus borrow from the story of Horus?

There is no evidence to suggest that Jesus borrowed from the story of Horus. The stories of Jesus and Horus originated in different cultures and religions, and there are significant differences in their narratives.

Are there any historical records of Horus?

The stories of Horus come from ancient Egyptian mythology and were passed down through oral traditions. While there are historical records of ancient Egyptian beliefs and practices, there is no concrete evidence of Horus as a historical figure.

What is the significance of the stories of Horus and Jesus?

The stories of Horus and Jesus hold great significance to their respective religions. They serve as examples of divine intervention and the power of faith and belief. Both figures are seen as symbols of hope, salvation, and eternal life.

Can the stories of Horus and Jesus be reconciled?

While there are some similarities between the stories of Horus and Jesus, it is important to recognize that they originate from different cultures and religions. Attempting to reconcile the stories may overlook their unique significance and narrative purposes.