Help for grade 11 chem questions

In summary, the conversation is about a chemistry question involving calculating the mass of Tetraethyl lead and elemental lead in a certain amount of gasoline for a trip. The conversation includes a calculation for the mass of Tetraethyl lead and a suggestion to use molar masses for the mass of elemental lead. The issue of incorrect units is also mentioned.
blazer105
Hi I have two questions grade 11 chem questions that I don't know how to do. HELP PLEASE!

Q1: Tetraethyl( Pb(C2H5)4 ) lead was added to gasoline up to 2.0ml per 3.8L of gasoline.

a)Calculate the mass of Tetraethyl lead in the total amount of gasoline that you use for this trip (31.2 L of gasoline). The density of Tetraethyl lead is 1.653g/mL

b) Calculate the mass of elemental lead in the total amount of gasoline that you will consume for this trip.

I'm not sure but here is what I did.
Mass tetraethyl lead = 31.2 L gasoline * (2.0 mL Pb(C2H5)4/3.8 L gasoline) * 1.653 g Pb(C2H5)4

Physics news on Phys.org
Looks correct. Well, almost correct - not all units are OK. But that's a minor problem.

b is about using molar masses.

Yeah thanks for the help... I got the question like 12 mins after posting thanks for your help tho.

1. What topics are covered in grade 11 chemistry?

Grade 11 chemistry typically covers topics such as atomic structure, chemical bonding, stoichiometry, acids and bases, solutions, and gas laws.

2. How can I improve my understanding of chemical equations?

To improve your understanding of chemical equations, it is important to practice balancing equations and to understand the mole concept. You can also try using visual aids or mnemonic devices to help remember the steps involved.

3. What resources can I use to prepare for grade 11 chemistry exams?

Some helpful resources for preparing for grade 11 chemistry exams include textbooks, online resources such as Khan Academy, practice quizzes and tests, and study groups with classmates or tutors.

4. How can I improve my lab skills in grade 11 chemistry?

To improve your lab skills, make sure to carefully read and follow lab procedures, take accurate measurements, and record data accurately. It can also be helpful to review safety protocols and common lab techniques.

5. How can I stay organized in grade 11 chemistry?

To stay organized in grade 11 chemistry, create a study schedule and stick to it, keep all notes and assignments in one place, and regularly review material to stay on top of the concepts being covered. It can also be helpful to use study aids such as flashcards or concept maps.