Help in Uni choice (Philippines)

• Schools
  • Thread starter Eli Puerto
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Choice Uni
In summary, the conversation is about choosing a school from the Philippines with a credible math program, particularly for financial applications. The suggestion is made to research local banks and their employees' alma maters, as well as looking into a Masters in Applied Math for Finance at the University of the Philippines.
Eli Puerto
So application season is ongoing, and entrance test season is upcoming in September.

I'm just having a bit of trouble choosing from the three:

Ateneo de Manila University
De La Salle University
University of the Philippines

Which school from the Philippines is the most credible in terms of math programs?
I prefer a program with financial applications so I can go to the banking industry.

Physics news on Phys.org
You could look up some local banks online and see what schools their people went to. I don't think math would be the right department rather business or economics perhaps unless you were going into high-end economics forecasting and simulations and needed some heavy-duty math.

http://www.finduniversity.ph/finance-banking-schools/

I searched for "Best banking courses in the Phillipines"

I can't load the site but there seems to be a Masters in Applied Math for Finance, or something like that, from the University of the Philippines. I think that will look good if you ever move to another country. Why not phone them and find out?

1. What factors should I consider when choosing a university in the Philippines?

When choosing a university in the Philippines, it is important to consider the location, reputation, programs offered, cost, and campus life. You should also research the quality of education, facilities, and resources available at the university.

2. How do I know which university is the best for my chosen field of study in the Philippines?

You can research the rankings of universities in the Philippines for your chosen field of study. You can also look into the faculty members and their credentials, as well as the research and internship opportunities offered by the university.

3. Are there scholarships available for international students in the Philippines?

Yes, there are scholarships available for international students in the Philippines. You can research the different scholarships offered by universities, government agencies, and other organizations. You may also contact the university directly for more information.

4. Can I transfer to a different university in the Philippines after my first year of studies?

Yes, it is possible to transfer to a different university in the Philippines after your first year of studies. However, the transfer process may vary depending on the university's policies and requirements. It is best to consult with the university you wish to transfer to for more information.

5. How can I learn more about the culture and lifestyle of the Philippines before choosing a university?

You can research online about the culture and lifestyle of the Philippines, or you can connect with current or former students from the Philippines to learn about their experiences. You can also attend university fairs or events to get a better understanding of the culture and lifestyle in the Philippines.