Help working on this example exam please

Martyn Arthur
TL;DR Summary
SOURCE OF ANSWERS TO EXAMPLE PAPER
Hi
My grandson who is dyslexic and who I need to help sometimes has the attached example paper for an exam which is iminent.
The lecturer has gone is unavailable and he seeks to try fnd a source for te answers.
Its a shot in the dark but I wonder if anyone can help please?
Thanks
Martyn

Attachments

• Microsoft Word - EGA_121_Exam_example_guidelast.docx.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 62
Physics news on Phys.org
The attached file shows several answers. What kind of help do you need?

Thanks, nothing seems attached?

The file you attached shows several answers.

Ah yes sorry.
He is dyslexic and finds it difficult to communicate.
Its good to know he can ask some questions and I will see what I can do.
Thanks again
Martyn

Thanks so much for your patience.
This is the paper Luke has given me.
His question is how to find the curl, If you can help I will pass it on to him.

Thanks

Attachments

• Microsoft Word - EGA_121_Exam_2022_May_24.docxCURL.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
Martyn Arthur said:
Thanks so much for your patience.
This is the paper Luke has given me.
His question is how to find the curl, If you can help I will pass it on to him.

Thanks
Purely a guess, but is Luke trying to answer Q1 (b) (i) in https://www.physicsforums.com/attac...ega_121_exam_2022_may_24-docxcurl-pdf.330446/ ?

Let’s assume this is the case.

The question says “Calculate ##\nabla \times \vec A##. Note that the symbols ##\nabla \times## mean ‘curl’ so the question is asking for the curl of vector ##\vec A##.

The value of ##\vec A## is stated (and is in cylindrical coordinates).

In the document below the questions, there is a “Formulae Sheet”. And below that there are some notes..

If you carefully read through the notes you will see it gives the formula needed to calculate ##\nabla \times \vec A## when ##\vec A## is given in cylindrical coordinates. Find the sentence starting “For a vector field ##\vec A## in cylindrical coordinates...”

Maybe Luke can apply the formula and you can post his attempt here for us to check.

Likes Martyn Arthur
Thread closed temporarily for Moderation.

Sorry @Martyn Arthur -- PF is not set up to provide schoolwork help via proxy. If your grandson would like our help, we are happy to help him just like all of the other students that we help. Please help him to sign up for a PF account, and coach him on how to use the PF and how to post in the schoolwork forums (showing his work on the solutions). Please also go through the LaTeX Guide link below the Edit window, so that he can post his math equations using LaTeX. Thank you; this thread will remain closed.

Likes Steve4Physics, vanhees71, Bystander and 1 other person

1. How can I improve my performance on this example exam?

There are several ways you can work on improving your performance on this example exam. First, make sure you understand the material thoroughly by reviewing your notes and textbooks. Second, practice with similar exam questions to get a feel for the format and types of questions that may be asked. Third, seek help from your instructor or peers if you are struggling with any specific concepts. Lastly, make sure you get enough rest and stay calm during the exam.

2. What should I focus on while working on this example exam?

It is important to focus on the key concepts and main ideas that are covered in the exam. Prioritize studying the material that you struggle with the most, but also review the material you are confident in to ensure you have a well-rounded understanding. Make sure to also pay attention to any specific instructions or guidelines provided by your instructor.

3. How can I manage my time effectively while working on this example exam?

Time management is crucial when working on any exam. Start by creating a study schedule and setting aside specific times to work on the exam. Make sure to take breaks and avoid cramming all the material in one day. During the exam, allocate your time wisely and don't spend too much time on one question. If you get stuck on a question, move on to the next one and come back to it later if you have time.

4. What are some effective study strategies for this example exam?

Some effective study strategies for this example exam include creating flashcards, summarizing key points, and practicing with past exams or similar questions. It can also be helpful to study in a group and discuss the material with others. Additionally, try to make connections between different concepts and relate them to real-life examples to enhance your understanding.

5. How can I reduce test anxiety while working on this example exam?

Test anxiety is a common issue for many students. To reduce it, make sure to get enough rest and eat a healthy meal before the exam. Take deep breaths and try to stay calm during the exam. If you feel overwhelmed, take a moment to refocus and continue with the exam. Remember to trust in your preparation and believe in yourself.