High Vacuum Etch / Deposition Vacuum Gauge Question ?

In summary, the AIM and CM gauge are essential tools in controlling the vacuum level and pressure inside the chamber for safe wafer processing.
wadeio
Hi everybody, this is my 1st post as I am a little stuck.
I am putting together a short presentation for a job application and have built a Tool similar to the attached ( basic ) schematic,
My question is

What is the Purpose of the Active Inverted Magnetron ( AIM ) - ( on the chamber ) and the CM Guage ?

I believe the CM measures the Vac level in Torr and so does the AIM, does the AIM work as an interlock for certain process's to start depending on Vacuum level ?

Also are the Piranni's used as Vacuum level interlocks to allow the transfer gate / slit valve open to transport the wafer

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 15.18.58.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 15.18.58.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 99
Physics news on Phys.org
for any help or adviceThe active inverted magnetron (AIM) is used to control the pressure inside the chamber, while the CM gauge measures the vacuum level in Torr. The AIM works as an interlock for certain processes to start depending on the vacuum level, while the Piranis are used as vacuum level interlocks to allow the transfer gate/slit valve open to transport the wafer. The combination of these two components helps to ensure that the pressure and temperature inside the chamber are controlled, providing a safe environment for the wafer.

1. What is a high vacuum etch/deposition vacuum gauge?

A high vacuum etch/deposition vacuum gauge is a device used to measure the level of vacuum in a chamber during the etching or deposition process. It provides accurate readings of the pressure inside the chamber, allowing scientists to monitor and control the conditions for optimal results.

2. How does a high vacuum etch/deposition vacuum gauge work?

A high vacuum etch/deposition vacuum gauge typically uses a sensor, such as a thermocouple or a Pirani gauge, to measure the pressure inside the chamber. The sensor converts the pressure into an electrical signal, which is then displayed on a digital or analog gauge for easy reading.

3. What is the importance of using a high vacuum etch/deposition vacuum gauge?

Using a high vacuum etch/deposition vacuum gauge is crucial in ensuring the success and accuracy of the etching or deposition process. It allows scientists to monitor the pressure inside the chamber, which directly affects the quality and consistency of the results. Without a vacuum gauge, it would be difficult to control the conditions and achieve the desired outcome.

4. Are there different types of high vacuum etch/deposition vacuum gauges?

Yes, there are various types of high vacuum etch/deposition vacuum gauges, including thermocouple gauges, Pirani gauges, ionization gauges, and capacitance manometers. Each type has its own advantages and is suitable for different applications. It is important to choose the right type of gauge for the specific process and pressure range.

5. How often should a high vacuum etch/deposition vacuum gauge be calibrated?

It is recommended to calibrate a high vacuum etch/deposition vacuum gauge at least once a year to ensure accurate readings. However, the frequency of calibration may vary depending on the specific gauge and the frequency of use. It is important to follow the manufacturer's guidelines for calibration to maintain the gauge's accuracy.