How Accurate Are My Physics Problem Solutions?

• Thread starter woodworker101
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Airplane
In summary: I have attached my work to this message. It has a picture of the glider and the airplance. The acceleration of the glider is 6.0 m/s^2.
woodworker101
I am still having troubles with Newtons laws and i work with the problems but get an answer but don't know if it is the right one and just want to check my work with yours to see if I am correct.

An airplance with a mass of 1.2 x 10^4 kg tows a glider with a mass of .60 x 10^4 kg. If the airplace propellers provide a net forward thrust of 3.6 x 10^4 N, what is the acceleration of the glider? I believe the answer is 6.0 m/s^2, but not for sure if it right or not.

An Olympic skier moving at 20.0 m/s down a 30.0 degree slope encounters a region of wet snow and slides 145 m before coming to a halt. What is the coefficient of friction between the skies and the snow? I believe it is .740.

Two perpendicular forces, one of 45.0 N directed upward and the second of 60.0 N directed to the right, act simultaneously on an object with a mass of 35.0 kg. What is the magnitude of the resultant acceleration of the object? This I believe is 1.41 m/s^2.

All I am wanting is to see someone else's work on how they got their answer so I can see where I messed up or if I did them correctly or not. Thanks for the help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Your first and third are wrong. Why don't you show your work and we see what you did wrong?

--J

The reason is that when I tell someone else my work it doesn't make sense to them and I just started to ask to see someone elses to see where my mistake(s) where. that is the reason behind it.

Have you not convinced yourself that your answer is totally correct? If not, why not? You shouldn't be able to spot problems in your own work by looking at others', you should be able to spot problems in others' work by looking at others'. Barring silly algebra mistakes, of course.

Show your work.

--J

Related to How Accurate Are My Physics Problem Solutions?

1. What is an airplane towing a glider?

An airplane towing a glider is when a powered aircraft, or tow plane, uses a long rope or cable to pull a glider into the air. The glider is not self-powered and relies on the tow plane to gain altitude.

2. How does the airplane tow the glider?

The tow plane has a hook attached to the end of a long rope or cable, which is then connected to the nose of the glider. The tow plane then accelerates down the runway, pulling the glider behind it until the glider reaches a desired altitude.

3. Why is an airplane used to tow a glider?

An airplane is used to tow a glider because the glider does not have its own engine. By using a tow plane, the glider can be lifted to a higher altitude, allowing it to glide for longer periods of time and cover greater distances.

4. How long can a glider stay in the air when being towed by an airplane?

The length of time a glider can stay in the air when being towed by an airplane depends on various factors such as the altitude, weather conditions, and the skill of the glider pilot. On average, a glider can stay in the air for around 30-40 minutes when being towed by an airplane.

5. Is it safe to tow a glider with an airplane?

Yes, towing a glider with an airplane is generally considered safe as long as proper safety precautions and procedures are followed. Both the tow plane pilot and the glider pilot must have proper training and experience in order to safely tow and release the glider. Additionally, regular maintenance and inspections of both the tow plane and glider are necessary for safe towing operations.