How and where do I get endorsement for arXiv?

• Other
  • Thread starter MevsEinstein
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Arxiv
In summary, this person seems to think they have found a proof for the Goldbach conjecture, but they need endorsement first. They also mention that they can prove statements, but this does not constitute a proof.
MevsEinstein
Link to unpublished paper redacted by the Mentors
So I think I found a proof for the Goldbach Conjecture and I want to publish it on arXiv after getting rid of all the small mistakes. But first I need endorsement. How can I prove I deserve it and where can I find someone I can prove to?

Physics news on Phys.org
First of all, the overwhelming probability is that you have not found a proof of the Goldbach conjecture. But this is off limits for a discussion on PF since it involves novel research. I am just mentioning it because the number of people who thought they had a proof is large while the number of people with a verified proof is zero.

As to your question, you would need to search for endorsement from someone who can endorse. They will likely want to see what you are planning to post first. Perhaps someone at a local university, but again don’t be surprised if they find errors- if they even take the time to listen, which may depend on how you approach them.

Likes russ_watters, vanhees71, Vanadium 50 and 1 other person
Likes russ_watters, vanhees71 and berkeman
Orodruin said:
As to your question, you would need to search for endorsement from someone who can endorse. They will likely want to see what you are planning to post first. Perhaps someone at a local university, but again don’t be surprised if they find errors- if they even take the time to listen, which may depend on how you approach them.
Thanks for the advice!

But about your previous statement, you're suggesting that I shouldn't try to publish a proof. So how were Fermat's last theorem, the Poincare conjecture, and many other previous conjectures solved?

Vanadium 50 said:
Given this thread from 3 weeks ago: How many correct cases of a conjecture do you need so that it can be valid for your proof?I believe it is even less likely you have a proof. in 3 weeks you say you've gone from not knowing what a proof was to haveing a proof that has stymied mathematicians for centuries. That is really, really unlikely.
I read an article about the proof of fermat's last theorem and it said that andrew wiles proved a few cases of a conjecture before moving on, so I just wanted to make sure. And I can prove to you that I can prove statements.

A bunch of examples does not a proof make.

MevsEinstein said:
I read an article about the proof of fermat's last theorem and it said that andrew wiles proved a few cases of a conjecture before moving on, so I just wanted to make sure. And I can prove to you that I can prove statements.

You will not find any sponsors here at PF. And you should probably learn to make more effort to capitalize the names of scientists that have gone before you, and who you are wanting to stand on the shoulders of... Lordy.

Likes vanhees71 and Vanadium 50

1. How do I get endorsement for arXiv?

To get endorsement for arXiv, you need to have an existing account on the platform and then request endorsement from a current arXiv endorser.

2. Where can I find an arXiv endorser?

You can find arXiv endorsers by searching for them on the arXiv website or by contacting your colleagues or collaborators who are already endorsed.

3. How do I know if I am eligible for endorsement?

To be eligible for endorsement, you must have a demonstrated expertise in your field of research and have published at least one paper on arXiv. You must also be able to provide a valid email address and institutional affiliation.

4. Can I request endorsement from multiple endorsers?

Yes, you can request endorsement from multiple endorsers. However, you will only need one successful endorsement to be able to submit papers to arXiv.

5. Is there a fee for endorsement on arXiv?

No, there is no fee for endorsement on arXiv. It is a free service provided by the platform to ensure the quality and integrity of the submitted papers.