Where Can I Find The New Daya Bay Results?

In summary, on May 31, 2022, the Daya Bay experiment announced a new ultra-precise measurement of the neutrino oscillation parameter theta13. However, the press release did not provide enough information to fully summarize the new result, and there is no reference to a paper describing the result or any preprints available. It is possible that the result is on hold due to Russia's invasion of Ukraine, and CERN has suspended all publications until further notice. However, the results can be accessed through slides and a video from the Neutrino 2022 conference website.
ohwilleke
Gold Member
TL;DR Summary
On May 31, 2022, the Daya Bay Experiment announced they had a new ultraprecise measurement of one of the neutrino oscillation parameters, but I can't find the details.
On May 31, 2022, the Daya Bay experiment announced in a press release that they had made a new ultra-precise measurement of the neutrino oscillation parameter theta13 (but did not provide the half line of text necessary to fully summarize the new result).

The press release also doesn't provide a reference to a paper describing the result (or even the name of a journal where the result is or will be published). There are no preprints on arXiv announcing the result. And, I couldn't locate any links to a paper discussing the results on their website. It could be in a conference paper, and the announcement referenced the Neutrino 2022 conference in Seoul, South Korea which ended on June 4, 2022, but the only reference I can find to the new results at the conference website is to slides from a June 1, 2022 presentation gated (unlike most conference results post-presentation).

Does anyone know where this newly announced result can be found?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
It may be on hold re: Russia's invasion of Ukraine. CERN, for example, has suspended all publications until it is decided under what, if any, conditions Russian institutions can remain on the author list.

• Informative
Likes ohwilleke, vanhees71, Astronuc and 3 others
Vanadium 50 said:
It may be on hold re: Russia's invasion of Ukraine. CERN, for example, has suspended all publications until it is decided under what, if any, conditions Russian institutions can remain on the author list.
Good point! That makes a lot of sense, but hadn't even occurred to me. One would think that someone would report the result from the powerpoint presentation at the conference, however, even if the paper was on hold for reasons like that. The entire result could be stated as sin2(2Θ13) = X ± Y updating, for example, their 2014 result in this format of sin2(2θ13)=0.089±0.008.

Last edited:

Sanjib seems to have saved the results for posterity …

• Love
Likes ohwilleke and websterling
I can access the slides and video from the conference website without issues. I tried it from two different IP addresses from two different countries.

https://media.neutrino2022.org/talk/talk_session_apply/63/20220601163855_10.pdf
https://media.neutrino2022.org/talk/talk_session/73/20220601121231_11.mp4

• Love
Likes vanhees71 and ohwilleke
Orodruin said:

Sanjib seems to have saved the results for posterity …

Thank you. You rock!

mfb said:
I can access the slides and video from the conference website without issues. I tried it from two different IP addresses from two different countries.

https://media.neutrino2022.org/talk/talk_session_apply/63/20220601163855_10.pdf
https://media.neutrino2022.org/talk/talk_session/73/20220601121231_11.mp4
Awesome! I don't know why my effort came up gated.

ohwilleke said:
Awesome! I don't know why my effort came up gated.
Mine did too. It may be that access to the link itself is gated but the content is available to anyone with the URL?

Likes dlgoff and ohwilleke

1. What is the significance of the New Daya Bay results?

The New Daya Bay results have significant implications for the field of neutrino physics. They provide new insights into the phenomenon of neutrino oscillation and help to further our understanding of the fundamental properties of these elusive particles.

2. Where can I access the New Daya Bay results?

The New Daya Bay results are published in various scientific journals and can also be found on the official website of the Daya Bay Reactor Neutrino Experiment. Additionally, the results are often presented at conferences and seminars by the researchers involved in the project.

3. How were the New Daya Bay results obtained?

The New Daya Bay results were obtained through the analysis of data collected by the Daya Bay Reactor Neutrino Experiment, which is a collaboration between several international institutions. The experiment involves measuring the rate of neutrino interactions at different distances from nuclear reactors in China, in order to study neutrino oscillation.

4. What are the implications of the New Daya Bay results for future research?

The New Daya Bay results open up new avenues for further research in the field of neutrino physics. They provide valuable insights into the behavior of neutrinos and can guide the design of future experiments to study these particles in even more detail.

5. How do the New Daya Bay results contribute to our understanding of the universe?

Neutrinos are one of the most abundant particles in the universe, and the New Daya Bay results help us to better understand their properties and behavior. This, in turn, contributes to our overall understanding of the universe and the fundamental laws that govern it.