How can I strengthen my submitted graduate application?

In summary, the person is applying for a master's degree in Germany and has already submitted their application. They are looking for ways to strengthen their application, such as contacting professors or the student advisor. They are also wondering if it is appropriate to email a professor and express interest in working with them before being accepted. They apologize for any trivial questions and are hoping to do everything possible to increase their chances of acceptance.
GR1
I am applying for a master degree in Germany. I have submitted my application but wish to strengthen it as I want to be accepted. What can I do to enhance my application? Can I contact any of the professors or maybe the student advisor? Will it look artificial? If so, what must I say? (I am coming from abroad otherwise I would have visited the university).

Besides, can I email a professor and communicate to him that I am applying for graduate study, and I was intrigued by his research and wish, if accepted, to work with him? Is it too early to do so before even getting accepted?

I apologize if my questions seem trivial, but this is my first graduate application, and I hope to do all that it is in my power to get accepted.

Physics news on Phys.org
I should wait. You've already done wright. (It's a personal opinion):smile:. Anyhow, good luck!

Likes GR1

1. How can I improve my GPA for my graduate application?

One way to strengthen your GPA is to retake any courses in which you received a low grade. This can help improve your overall GPA and show admissions committees that you are committed to academic excellence. Another way is to take additional courses in your field of study and excel in them, demonstrating your knowledge and dedication to the subject.

2. Is it important to have research experience for a graduate program?

Yes, research experience is highly valued in graduate applications. It shows that you have practical experience in your field and have the skills necessary to conduct research. If you do not have research experience, consider volunteering in a research lab or completing a research project on your own to gain experience.

3. How can I make my personal statement stand out?

To make your personal statement stand out, be sure to highlight your unique experiences, skills, and goals. Share personal anecdotes and examples that demonstrate your passion and dedication to your field of study. Additionally, have multiple people proofread and provide feedback on your statement to ensure it is well-written and impactful.

4. Should I retake the GRE if I did not get a high score?

It depends on the specific program and their GRE score requirements. If your score falls below the average for accepted students, it may be beneficial to retake the exam and aim for a higher score. However, if your score is within the acceptable range, it may not be necessary to retake the exam.

5. How important are letters of recommendation in a graduate application?

Letters of recommendation are an essential component of a graduate application. They provide insight into your academic abilities, work ethic, and potential for success in a graduate program. Choose recommenders who know you well and can speak to your strengths and qualifications for the program you are applying to.