How can I upload a photo for my homework question without a valid forum ID?

• Thread starter esha
  • Start date
In summary, a forum ID is a unique identifier used in online forums to track user activity. It is obtained through registering for an account on the forum and is not the same as a username. Most forums do not allow the same ID to be used on multiple forums and may have restrictions on the format or length of the ID.
esha
i wanted to post a homework question with a photo. the photo coudn't be uploaded as it continuously said that i needed a valid forum id.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
yess

its also saying something like i don't hav enough permission to post questions in homework forums

Starting new threads in the homework section doesn't work with the app. You can still use a mobile browser to do it - that should also be able to handle file uploads.

Related to How can I upload a photo for my homework question without a valid forum ID?

1. What is a forum ID?

A forum ID is a unique identifier assigned to a user for the purpose of participating in online forums. It is used to distinguish individual users and track their activity on the forum.

2. How do I get a forum ID?

The process for obtaining a forum ID varies depending on the specific forum. In most cases, you will need to register for an account on the forum and then your ID will be automatically generated for you.

3. Is a forum ID the same as a username?

No, a forum ID is not the same as a username. While they may serve a similar purpose, a forum ID is typically a randomly generated string of characters, while a username is chosen by the user and can be changed.

4. Can I use the same forum ID on multiple forums?

In most cases, no. Each forum will have its own unique set of IDs for its users. However, some forums may allow you to link your account from another forum, so you can use the same ID on both.

5. Are there any restrictions on what can be used as a forum ID?

Yes, some forums may have restrictions on the format or length of a forum ID. For example, some may only allow alphanumeric characters while others may have a character limit. It is best to check the forum's guidelines for specific requirements.