How do I create complex structures with interconnected gooseneck tubes?

In summary: As for creating complex structures with interconnected gooseneck strands, you can use a combination of ball pins, threaded rod ends, and quick plug connectors to join multiple gooseneck lengths together. Similar to garden hose connectors, you will need a fast and reliable way to achieve sliding and flexibility along the length of the gooseneck tubes. This can be achieved with some kind of clamp or connector that can be easily and quickly released for adjustments. Overall, there are various options available for purchasing gooseneck tubes and finding the appropriate connectors to create the desired structures.
Nikitz KT Redko
Where does one buy long stretches of gooseneck tube??
Need lots of it to create complex structures made of strands of interconnected gooseneck.

BR-LPlrg.jpg
Need help to identify the receptacle socket for this threaded ball joint.
I plan on having some kind of universal termination at both ends on each gooseneck length.
The idea is to be able to swap ends between : ball pin(as in picture), simple threaded rod end
and a quick plug connector to allow joining(and releasing ) two gooseneck lengths into one longer length.

27M0302.jpg

Existing Garden hose connectors offer the type of ease I would like to mirror in joining gooseneck tube.
Clip in, clip out...

Imagine the tubes being goosenecks ...need a fast and reliable way to achieve similar freedom of sliding to a desired point on a gooseneck
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSC1D48hwKue_kawo4QCmhMnx8UMzF-3t2nIZNNp8s96FOzc-jmAw.jpg
. . I am seeking to achieve structures such as these by sliding some kind of clamp/connector dynamicly along the lengths of individual branches...that way I could add strength stability and different gripping attachment methods(again imagine the glass being gooseneck tube and branch joints would then have to be some kind of easy, fast release stuff to allow sliding...)

EtienneMeneau-StrangeCarafe-No5-clear.jpg
dezeen_Amass-by-Benjamin-Hubert_4.jpg
20130607T110656_41.jpg

The above is for illustration purposes of branching out the gooseneck tube. Its the kind of networked systems that I seek to build dynamically and the engineering bit I need guidance with please.

Engineering news on Phys.org
For purchasing gooseneck tubes, you can check with local hardware stores or online retailers. Many industrial suppliers, such as McMaster-Carr and Grainger, sell a variety of gooseneck tubing. For the receptacle socket for the threaded ball joint, you will likely need to contact a manufacturer directly or consult an engineering firm to find the correct product for your needs.

1. What is a gooseneck tube guidance system?

A gooseneck tube guidance system is a type of flexible guiding mechanism used in laboratory settings to precisely position and direct instruments, such as microscopes or pipettes, to specific locations within a workspace. It consists of a flexible tube with a curved neck, resembling the neck of a goose, that can be bent and rotated to guide the instrument in any direction.

2. How does a gooseneck tube guidance system work?

A gooseneck tube guidance system works by using a combination of friction and tension forces to hold the instrument in place while allowing for precise movement. The flexible tube is made of materials such as metal or plastic that can be bent and rotated without breaking. The instrument is attached to the end of the tube and can be moved in any direction by bending or rotating the tube.

3. What are the advantages of using a gooseneck tube guidance system?

One of the main advantages of using a gooseneck tube guidance system is its flexibility and precision. The curved neck of the tube allows for a wide range of movement, making it easier to position the instrument in hard-to-reach areas. Additionally, the tension and friction forces used in the system provide stability and accuracy, allowing for precise movements and measurements.

4. What are some common applications of gooseneck tube guidance systems?

Gooseneck tube guidance systems are commonly used in laboratory and research settings where precise positioning of instruments is necessary. They are often used in microscopy, cell culture, and liquid handling applications. They can also be found in medical procedures, such as endoscopy, where a flexible guiding mechanism is needed.

5. Are there any limitations to using a gooseneck tube guidance system?

One limitation of gooseneck tube guidance systems is their size and weight restrictions. They are not suitable for heavy or large instruments as the weight may cause the tube to bend or break. Additionally, the flexibility of the tube may decrease over time with frequent use, requiring replacement. Care must also be taken to avoid any sharp bends in the tube, which can cause damage.