How do I stop multiple radio frequencies ....Micro, Infra an

In summary, the conversation discusses ways to stop multiple radio frequencies, including micro, infra, and combined frequencies, from affecting a space. Suggestions include building a Faraday cage or using tin foil to block the signals. However, it is mentioned that these solutions may not be practical or effective, and there is no scientific evidence to support the idea that low intensity non-ionizing EM radiation poses a health threat. The conversation ends with the thread being locked.
radiomom73
How do I stop multiple radio frequencies ...Micro, Infra and combined frequencies used in a sweep rotation(?? guessing here) ...from any space.
Thank you for any advice you can give. Been traveling.
For the record I thought...wearing magnets ?? I have some minimal back ground in RF but am a quick learner. NO matter how complex the information passed on I will figure it out.

Physics news on Phys.org
Build a Faraday cage.

Considering infrared this Faraday cage should be a solid sheet of metal. Which does indeed shield most of the electromagnetic frequency spectrum, but (a) it is horribly impractical and (b) I don't see an application for that for traveling.
radiomom73 said:
For the record I thought...wearing magnets ??
Why exactly would you expect that to matter?
Don't trust pseudoscience websites trying to sell you useless junk.

Likes davenn and russ_watters
+1
Need more info. What do you mean by a "sweep rotation"?

Likes davenn
radiomom73 said:
How do I stop multiple radio frequencies ...Micro, Infra and combined frequencies used in a sweep rotation(?? guessing here) ...from any space.
Thank you for any advice you can give. Been traveling.
For the record I thought...wearing magnets ?? I have some minimal back ground in RF but am a quick learner. NO matter how complex the information passed on I will figure it out.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f5/92/02/f59202299713eaf71710c53f94369a65.jpg
f59202299713eaf71710c53f94369a65.jpg

Attachments

• f59202299713eaf71710c53f94369a65.jpg
    f59202299713eaf71710c53f94369a65.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 793
Likes russ_watters, marcusl, nitsuj and 5 others
Not funny when kid's health are involved. I thought this blog was for the scientific based. I am desperate for answers not for humility I will not visit this Forum again. Wish you all well despite the responses. In the light of July Fourth...remember those who have fought for this celebration of Independence.

radiomom73 said:
Not funny when kid's health are involved. I thought this blog was for the scientific based. I am desperate for answers not for humility I will not visit this Forum again. Wish you all well despite the responses. In the light of July Fourth...remember those who have fought for this celebration of Independence.
Please talk with your family doctor about these issues. He or she should be able to recommend some appropriate treatments.

Likes CWatters
radiomom73 said:
Not funny when kid's health are involved. I thought this blog was for the scientific based. I am desperate for answers...

You got good answers.

Im a retired electronic engineer and I have personally used tin foil to block unwanted radio signals. It's not always the best solution but it works ok in the right situation.

I don't really want to comment on the physical or mental health impacts of trying to screen someone from radio waves. However the human body is an electrical machine and I can see it might actualy cause more harm than prevent it.

Likes Nik_2213
CWatters said:
it might actualy cause more harm than prevent it.

In hot weather conditions this reflective attire will trap infrared wavelengths as well as blocking any unwanted frequencies. The overheating that will result can cause permanent injury or death.

BoB

rbelli1 said:
In hot weather conditions this reflective attire will trap infrared wavelengths as well as blocking any unwanted frequencies. The overheating that will result can cause permanent injury or death.
So what Gus is sayin' is that you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Use chicken wire instead -- it is breathable and still blocks frequencies above about 900MHz...

http://photos.costume-works.com/full/matroyshka1.jpg
matroyshka1.jpg

Attachments

• matroyshka1.jpg
    matroyshka1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 468
Likes rbelli1
And as an added benefit it allows ultraviolet wavelengths to reach your skin where it produces vitamin D.

Ooh, it’s a pencil skirt!

CWatters said:
it allows ultraviolet wavelengths to reach your skin

Great! I don't recall any scientific evidence that those cause any harm whatsoever. Just glad I won't have any WiFi cancer rays hitting me.

BoB

Likes russ_watters
radiomom73 said:
Not funny when kid's health are involved.

I am not aware of any clear, reputable studies supporting the idea that low intensity non-ionizing EM radiation poses a health threat to anyone.

radiomom73 said:
I thought this blog was for the scientific based.

This website is exactly that. And the scientific answer is exactly what I just gave you. If you don't accept that answer then you either don't believe me or you aren't interested a scientific answer.

Either way, thread locked.

Likes davenn, berkeman, Bystander and 2 others

1. How do I stop multiple radio frequencies from interfering with each other?

To stop multiple radio frequencies from interfering with each other, you can use frequency filters or shields to block unwanted signals. These filters can be placed on the antenna or between the antenna and the receiver. Shielding materials can also be used to physically block the signals and prevent them from interfering with each other.

2. What are the main sources of interference for radio frequencies?

The main sources of interference for radio frequencies are other electronic devices such as cell phones, Wi-Fi routers, and microwaves. Power lines, fluorescent lights, and even weather conditions can also cause interference.

3. How can I determine the cause of interference for my radio frequencies?

To determine the cause of interference for your radio frequencies, you can use a spectrum analyzer or an RF spectrum scanner. These tools can help you identify the specific frequencies that are causing interference and locate the source of the interference.

4. Can I prevent interference for radio frequencies in a specific area?

Yes, you can prevent interference for radio frequencies in a specific area by using directional antennas, which can help focus the signal and reduce interference from other sources. You can also use frequency coordination to ensure that your devices are operating on different frequencies and are not causing interference with each other.

5. What are some best practices for avoiding interference with radio frequencies?

Some best practices for avoiding interference with radio frequencies include keeping electronic devices and wires as far away from antennas as possible, using high-quality cables and connectors, and ensuring that all devices are properly grounded. It is also important to regularly monitor and adjust your frequencies to avoid any potential interference from other sources.