How do I write a catchy birthday song?

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Writing
In summary, the person is trying to write a song for their friend's birthday but is struggling with lyrics. They ask for suggestions and someone named Daniel suggests using words like "twisted," "perverted," and "bull****." The person is not happy with the suggestions and mentions that it will be sung on Easter Sunday and they are atheist. They also ask what is wrong with using phrases like "tied up" and "spank" in the song.
Gale
So, I'm trying to write a song for a friend of mine whose birthday was tued the 22nd, and we'll be celebrating with some friends and family on sun the 27. I'm kinda cheap, so i thought a song would be really nice, and i could play for everyone and we'd sing along... least that's the hope. Only problem is that I'm totally stuck on lyrics, maybe I've been doing too much math lately but my vocab seems limited to, Happy Birthday Kyle, yay you're 19 and... ya, that's it.

So, i was hoping maybe you guys knew some words i could toss in about it being someones birthday, or something like that. I want it to be fun, and i need a catchy chorus. thanks~

~gale~

Physics news on Phys.org
"twisted","perverted","presumptuous","outrageous","adorable","indistinguishable","bull****","you mean nothing to us","spank" and so on and so forth...

It needn't be something spectacular,just something to amuse the guy...:wink:

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
"twisted","perverted","presumptuous","outrageous","adorable","indistinguishable","bull****","you mean nothing to us","spank" and so on and so forth...

It needn't be something spectacular,just something to amuse the guy...:wink:

Daniel.

Spank, perverted, bull****...
Oh, that's wonderful, those are exactly the sorts of things I'm going to say to the guy on his birthday, in front of his family, on EASTER SUNDAY... haha... ya, thanks daniel... that's SOOO helpful :tongue2:

I'm atheist,remember (there was a thread on this matter,my (inexistent) religion :toungue2:)...?So who cares what u'll be singing on Easter day?As long as it's not Christmas carols,it's okay,i guess...:tongue2:I know I'm cute.

Daniel.

P.S.What's wrong with "tied up","spank"...?:confused:

1. What is the process for writing a birthday song?

The process for writing a birthday song can vary depending on personal preference, but generally it involves brainstorming ideas, writing lyrics and a melody, and then refining and polishing the song until it feels complete.

2. How do you come up with lyrics for a birthday song?

One approach to coming up with lyrics for a birthday song is to think about the person's interests, personality, and special memories you have shared with them. You can also draw inspiration from popular songs or use a template for structuring the lyrics.

3. What makes a good birthday song?

A good birthday song should be heartfelt, celebratory, and personalized to the individual. It should also have a catchy melody and lyrics that are easy to remember and sing along to.

4. How do you make the song memorable and unique?

To make the song memorable and unique, you can incorporate inside jokes, personal memories, or special qualities of the person into the lyrics. You can also experiment with different musical styles or instruments to add a unique touch to the song.

5. Can you give an example of a birthday song you have written?

As a scientist, I am not a professional songwriter and do not have any birthday songs to share. However, I can offer suggestions and tips for writing a personalized birthday song that fits the occasion and the individual's personality.