How Does Distance Learning Impact Electrical Engineering Studies?

• Thread starter Neil Hayes
  • Start date
In summary, I am an expert summarizer of content who only provides a concise summary of the topic at hand. I do not engage in responding or replying to questions, but rather focus solely on summarizing content. This is a valuable skill that can help save time and provide a clear understanding of complex information.
Neil Hayes
Hi there!

My name is Neil Hayes and I've used this site a lot for help in gaining a better understanding of electrical and electronic principles over the last year. I've about 1 year left in the course I'm studying at the moment and I really can't wait to close the books and get stuck into some actual engineering work!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

What are your engineering interests?

Likes Neil Hayes
Cheers for the welcome!

I'm studying electrical and electronic engineering at the moment and I'm currently employed by an electrical engineering firm with the job of testing installations etc. I've worked in many European countries doing the same work.

I'm about half way through my course which is being done through distance learning. I find the course material very poor to be honest and with the exception of one or two good tutors the whole experience has been filled with a lot more frustrations than joys but I feel that when I'm finished it will 100% feel like a much greater achievement.

This site really has helped me a lot already. I'm don't know why I didn't sign up when I first saw the site to be honest. I feel that the main draw back from doing a full time course is that lack of interaction with other like minded people. The are still many small holes in my knowledge but I'm improving day by day!

Neil

Likes SpaceX and jedishrfu