How Does Removing Pigs Affect the Decibel Level in a Pig Pen?

• Thread starter MASM
  • Start date
In summary, the noise level of a pig pen with 213 pigs is 78.1 dB. After removing 77 pigs, the remaining pigs' decibel level would be approximately the same as the original 213 pigs. The intensity level of an orchestra is 87 dB and a single violin has an intensity level of 62 dB. The intensity level of the full orchestra is significantly louder than that of a single violin, with a ratio of approximately 1.4. Using the definition of decibel, we can calculate the intensity level of one pig by dividing the total intensity by the number of pigs (213), which would result in a level of approximately 0.37 dB.
MASM
1- The noise level coming from a pig pen with 213 pigs is 78.1 dB. Assuming each of the remaining pigs squeal at their original level after 77 of their companions have been removed, what is the decibel level of the remaining pigs? Units dB

2- The intensity level of an orchestra is 87 dB. A single violin achieves a level of 62 dB. How does the intensity of the sound of the full orchestra compare with that of the violin’s sound? Find the ratio

Physics news on Phys.org
You know the noise level and the total intensity. How can you, using the information you have, solve what intensity one of the 213 pigs has?

Hint: Use the definition of decibel.

Ardahl O`Hanlan wrote a book and remembered listening to Radio Luxembourg for the Pop music . He said the reception was so bad it sounded like they were --- Deep frying a herd of live pigs.

Related to How Does Removing Pigs Affect the Decibel Level in a Pig Pen?

What is the best approach for solving a difficult problem?

The best approach for solving a difficult problem is to break it down into smaller, more manageable parts. This will help you to better understand the problem and come up with a solution.

How do I stay motivated when I can't solve a problem?

It can be frustrating when you can't solve a problem, but it's important to stay motivated. Try taking a break and coming back to the problem with a fresh perspective. You can also try discussing the problem with others for new ideas.

What should I do if I've tried everything and still can't solve the problem?

If you've exhausted all possible solutions and still can't solve the problem, it may be helpful to seek out the advice of a mentor or colleague. They may have a different perspective or approach that could help you find a solution.

How can I prevent getting stuck on a problem in the future?

To prevent getting stuck on a problem in the future, it's important to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Practice breaking down problems into smaller parts, and don't be afraid to ask for help or seek out resources to aid in problem-solving.

What is the importance of persistence when solving a problem?

Persistence is crucial when solving a problem because it allows you to keep trying new approaches and solutions until you find the right one. It's important to not give up and to keep pushing through obstacles, as this is often when breakthroughs occur.