How to calculate value (kg) material?

In summary, to convert a weight measurement into kilograms, you can use the formula 1 kilogram = 2.2046 pounds. To calculate the value of a material in kilograms, you can use the formula value (kg) = weight (kg) x unit price (per kg). If you only know the volume of a material, you can determine its weight by using the formula weight (kg) = volume (m3) x density (kg/m3). This formula can be used for any material, as long as you have the weight in kilograms and the unit price. However, there are alternative methods to calculate the value of a material without knowing its weight, such as converting from a different unit of measurement or estimating based on
ba3_ahmad
Hi
I have a the problems!
i need this materials for dielectric :
1.pvc (Kg)
2.dop (Kg)
3.carbonate (kG)

so, i Specify this propertise for dielectric :
1.T(Tensile strength) =16
2.E(elongation) =300
3.Density=1.45
4. H(Hardness)=78

now, I need to calculate 200 Kg materials for dielectric with told propertise!
How to calculate?
please help
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

What is dop ?
What type of carbonate ?
Is carbonate a filler ?

Baluncore said:
Welcome to PF.

What is dop ?
What type of carbonate ?
Is carbonate a filler ?

tnx for answer.

=> Carbonate
=> DOP oil for pvc
These are Ingredient dielectric.

1. How do I convert weight measurements into kilograms?

To convert a weight measurement into kilograms, you can use the following formula: 1 kilogram = 2.2046 pounds. Simply divide the weight in pounds by 2.2046 to get the equivalent weight in kilograms.

2. What is the formula to calculate the value of a material in kilograms?

The formula to calculate the value of a material in kilograms is: value (kg) = weight (kg) x unit price (per kg). This means you need to know the weight of the material in kilograms and the price per kilogram to calculate its value.

3. How do I determine the weight of a material if I only know its volume?

To determine the weight of a material if you only know its volume, you need to know the density of the material. The formula for this is: weight (kg) = volume (m3) x density (kg/m3). You can usually find the density of a material online or in reference books.

4. Can I use the same formula to calculate the value of any material?

Yes, you can use the same formula to calculate the value of any material as long as you have the weight of the material in kilograms and the unit price per kilogram. This formula is commonly used in industries such as manufacturing, mining, and agriculture.

5. Is there a way to calculate the value of a material without knowing its weight in kilograms?

Yes, there are alternative methods to calculate the value of a material without knowing its weight in kilograms. One way is to use its weight in a different unit of measurement, such as pounds or grams, and convert it to kilograms using the conversion factor. Another way is to estimate the weight based on the volume and density of the material, as mentioned in the previous question.