How to change the color of an LED?

In summary, the conversation revolves around a customer trying to change the backlight color of an item they want to buy from blue to green. They ask the seller if they can use a green bulb condom to change the color, but the seller tells them it is not possible. The customer then asks if they can change the LED inside to a green one and asks for help on how to do it. The seller advises them on how to replace the LED, but also suggests that it may be easier to just buy a new item with the desired backlight color. The customer continues to search for a green backlight option, even considering shipping the item to someone for help. The conversation ends with the seller warning that just putting a yellow
Ah. I was assuming it was a bedside clock.

Physics news on Phys.org
trurle said:
I see. This is the "LED backlight module" intended to reduce light losses of LED. It can still work with discrete LED, although with complications. You need to:
1) Cut the existing LED clear from diffusor plate using knife or heavy-duty nail cutter.
2) Either use "right angle" packaged LED, or bend leads of your LED to look sideways into diffusor panel
3) Connect LED lens and diffusor plate with a drop of transparent acrylic or silicone adhesive (recommended)

Well trurle super helped me and I sent my led to him and he fixed it. Yes, I shipped it to him in Japan. No one could do this here in the USA that I could find and if I did it myself it would have been destroyed. Here’s a pic but I will get better ones later. Thank you trurle!

IMG_2648.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2648.jpg
    IMG_2648.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_2648.jpg
    IMG_2648.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_2648.jpg
    IMG_2648.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 424
Likes Charles Link and berkeman