How to Create Patterns in C++ with For-Loops?

In summary, to create a pattern using C++, you first need to set a variable to hold the number of asterisks to print, then start a new line, and print the number of asterisks in a row. If the number of asterisks printed reaches 10, you stop.
RoughRoad
How to create patterns using C++? I am new to programming and would really appreciate some help in creating patterns. For example, how will you create this pattern using two for-loops?

And btw, this is not a homework question. Was just curious. Thanks. And please also explain the algorithm for creating such patterns. Thanks!

Technology news on Phys.org
External loop is responsible for the number of lines printed, internal loop is responsible for printing stars in each line.

I tried, but all I get is a horizontal line of asterisks. what can be wrong?

cout<<endl;

I included endl in the same cout statement, like this:

cout <<"*"<<endl;

does that make any difference?

endl ends the line - if there is no endl added, all asterisks will land in one line:

Code:
cout << "*";
cout << "*";
cout << "*";
cout << "*";

yields

while

Code:
cout << "*";
cout << "*";
cout << endl;
cout << "*";
cout << "*";

yields

Code:
cout << "*" << endl;

and

Code:
cout << "*";
cout << endl;

are equivalent.

RoughRoad, when you are trying to do something with a program is is best to follow the old adage "if you don't know how to do it without a computer, then you don't know how to do it WITH a computer". The implication of this is that you should lay out a set of clearly defined, logical steps that do what you want. Then implementing those steps in a computer language should be trivial.

For example:

step 1: set n=1
step 2: start a new line
step 3: print n asterisks in a row
step 4: increment n
step 5: if n > 10 then stop
step 5: go back to step 1

EDIT: these steps, by the way, are called "pseudo code", which basically just means "I'm not really computer code but I'm a consistent, logical, set of steps written in English so I'm pretending to be computer code until somebody decides on a language and turns me into REAL computer code"

Related to How to Create Patterns in C++ with For-Loops?

1. How do I create a pattern using C++?

To create a pattern using C++, you can use nested for loops and print out the desired characters or symbols in a specific pattern. You can also use conditionals and variables to create more complex patterns.

2. Can I create a pattern using C++ without using loops?

Yes, you can create patterns using C++ without loops by using other methods such as recursion or using pre-defined functions from libraries like graphics.h or ncurses.h.

3. How can I make my pattern more visually appealing?

You can make your pattern more visually appealing by using different colors, font sizes, and spacing between characters or symbols. You can also experiment with different patterns and combinations to create a unique design.

4. Is there a limit to the complexity of patterns that can be created using C++?

No, there is no limit to the complexity of patterns that can be created using C++. With the right knowledge and skills, you can create elaborate and intricate patterns using various techniques and algorithms.

5. Can I save and export my pattern as an image or file?

Yes, you can save and export your pattern as an image or file by using libraries such as opencv or graphics.h. These libraries allow you to create images or save output to a file format that can be easily shared or used in other applications.