How to get / present the results for XRD and XRF

• Thread starter Oxygenne
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Xrd
In summary, the conversation discussed the use of XRF analyses and in situ HTXRD, with the availability of Topas. The person conducting the experiment was told to be the only one to run the instrument to avoid damage. Requests were made for 2 theta, raw and ASCI files, a pdf file in text format, and a sample report with specific details. However, the results were not provided in detail as requested and the person asked for clarification on the scientific presentation of the data.
Oxygenne
I am doing XRF analyses and in situ HTXRD, there is Topas available.
Actually the experiment it is not done by me because I was told only one person should run the instrument in order to not damage it.

I asked
- to have 2 theta but the person told to me “no. all the people get results in this form.”
- to get the raw file and the ASCI file
- to get the pdf file in text format in order to know what is the descriprion in the matched file
- I file a sample of report after the experiment asking to include
“? wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometer, operated using a ? kW tube at ? kV and ? mA”

“? XRD diffractometer using ?radiation in ? mode with ? degree step size and ? s/step sampling time. The powder sample was placed ?. The samples were heated to various temperatures a heating rate of ? C/min and were held at various temperatures for ? min before recording the spectra.
match with the JCPDS file no ?”

Also since Topas is available I asked to get the the crystallite size calculations

But at the end I get the results with the d on the x-axis emf format paint-file and in one corner is listed the name of matched compounds.

To all above mentioned I was told you do not need that or we do not do that.

Would you please let me know why I do not get the results in detail as I asked?
Is it something wrong in my request from the scientific point of view?
Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
for the scientific presentations the way to present the data is

1) Intensity (a.u.) versus 2-theta
or
2) Lin(cps) versus D-spacing?

3) is it the last one an advance presentation of the XRD-data and I heard just now?

1. What is XRD and XRF?

XRD stands for X-Ray Diffraction, which is a technique used to analyze the atomic and molecular structure of a material. XRF stands for X-Ray Fluorescence, which is a technique used to determine the elements present in a material.

2. How do I prepare my sample for XRD and XRF analysis?

For XRD analysis, the sample should be ground into a fine powder and pressed into a flat disc. For XRF analysis, the sample can be in the form of a solid, liquid, or powder, and should be placed on a sample holder or pellet.

3. What type of results can I expect from XRD and XRF analysis?

XRD analysis will provide a diffraction pattern, which can be used to determine the crystal structure and composition of a material. XRF analysis will provide a spectrum, which can be used to determine the elements present in a material and their concentrations.

4. How do I interpret the results from XRD and XRF analysis?

Interpretation of XRD and XRF results requires knowledge of the principles and techniques involved. It is best to consult with an expert in the field, such as a scientist or research analyst.

5. What are the limitations of XRD and XRF analysis?

XRD and XRF analysis have limitations in terms of the types of materials that can be analyzed, the sensitivity and accuracy of the results, and the potential for sample damage during analysis. It is important to understand these limitations and use complementary techniques for a more comprehensive analysis.