How to get R= 2 ( square root ) h1h2

In summary, the conversation discusses the equation for determining the range or distance traveled by a ball launched horizontally from the end of a ramp on top of a table. This equation takes into account the height of the ramp and the table, and does not consider air resistance or friction. The equation is R = 2√(h1h2) and it involves understanding energy and kinematic equations. The conversation suggests seeking help in the Homework Forum if needed.
DLeuPel
A ball is let down a ramp on top of a table with initial velocity of 0 ms-1. When it reaches the end of the ramp, it is launched horizontally. Knowing that we don’t take air resistance or friction into account, and that the height of the ramp is h1, and that of the table is h2 relative to ground level,how do we get to the equation R (range or distance traveled from the end of the ramp) = 2√(h1h2)

Physics news on Phys.org
DLeuPel said:
A ball is let down a ramp on top of a table with initial velocity of 0 ms-1. When it reaches the end of the ramp, it is launched horizontally. Knowing that we don’t take air resistance or friction into account, and that the height of the ramp is h1, and that of the table is h2 relative to ground level,how do we get to the equation R (range or distance traveled from the end of the ramp) = 2√(h1h2)

You may want to post this in the Homework Forum. Do you know about energy and kinematic equations?

PeroK said:
You may want to post this in the Homework Forum. Do you know about energy and kinematic equations?
i’m studying the kinematic equations right now and I still haven’t been able to do this exercise. I’ll post right now in the homework section, didn’t know there was one . Thank you PeroK

Related to How to get R= 2 ( square root ) h1h2

1. What is the formula for finding R= 2 (square root) h1h2?

The formula for finding R= 2 (square root) h1h2 is R= 2√h1h2, where R represents the radius and h1 and h2 represent the heights of the two parallel sides of a trapezoid.

2. How do I solve for R when given the values of h1 and h2?

To solve for R, you can plug in the values of h1 and h2 into the formula R= 2√h1h2. Then, use a calculator to find the square root of h1h2, and multiply that value by 2 to find the radius.

3. Can I use this formula for any trapezoid?

Yes, this formula can be used for any trapezoid as long as the measurements of h1 and h2 are known.

4. What units should be used for h1 and h2 in the formula?

The units used for h1 and h2 should be consistent with each other. For example, if h1 is measured in inches, h2 should also be measured in inches. The resulting unit for R will then be the square root of the units used for h1 and h2.

5. Can this formula be used to find the radius of a circle?

No, this formula is specifically for finding the radius of a trapezoid. To find the radius of a circle, you would use the formula R = C/2π, where R represents the radius and C represents the circumference of the circle.