How to Isolate Trigger Signals for Multiple Lasers and a Camera?

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with using a Tee junction to connect two laser triggers to a single camera. The issue involves the signal from one laser trigger also triggering the other laser, causing it to fire. The solution proposed is to keep the circuits separate instead of using a Tee junction. Additionally, there is a need for an easy method of isolation with information on the voltage output of the pulse generator and the camera's trigger requirements.
thh
Hello everyone!

I have a system with 2 lasers and a single camera. I have two trigger inputs going to each laser, they have a delay of minimum 350ms. These triggers are split and need to be connected to the camera to open it whenever the lasers fire. So i thought of a Tee junction where i will have both the laser triggers coming in and a single output to the camera. Now the problem with this arrangement is that when laser 1 is triggered, the signal will go to the camera and also laser 2, due to the Tee, which will cause it to fire. How do i stop the signal from laser1 trigger from going to the laser 2 trigger and vice versa? I have attached an image of the arrangement.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Thh

Attachments

• Setup.jpg
    Setup.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 396
Engineering news on Phys.org
You need to keep the circuits separate. You "thought of a tee" now you are asking how to avoid the disadvantage of a tee. Don't use a tee.

Either that, or I am totally misunderstanding your question.

We need an easy method of isolation. Can you say what voltage is coming out of the pulse gen and what the camera requires to trigger?

What is the purpose of blocking a signal to a laser?

The purpose of blocking a signal to a laser is to prevent the laser from emitting a beam of light. This can be useful in situations where the laser needs to be turned off temporarily or when precise control over the laser output is required.

How is a signal to a laser typically blocked?

A signal to a laser can be blocked using various methods such as a mechanical shutter, an electro-optic modulator, or an acousto-optic modulator. These devices physically block the path of the laser beam, preventing it from reaching the output.

What are the safety considerations when blocking a signal to a laser?

When blocking a signal to a laser, it is important to ensure that the laser is turned off completely to avoid accidental exposure to the laser beam. Additionally, the blocking device should be properly installed and maintained to prevent any malfunctions.

Can blocking a signal to a laser damage the laser?

In most cases, blocking a signal to a laser will not cause any damage to the laser. However, if the blocking device is not properly installed or maintained, it can potentially cause damage to the laser. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and guidelines when using a blocking device.

Are there any alternative methods to blocking a signal to a laser?

Yes, there are alternative methods to blocking a signal to a laser. For example, instead of physically blocking the laser beam, the laser can be tuned to a different wavelength or the power supply can be turned off. However, these methods may not be as precise or effective as using a dedicated blocking device.