How to Make Perfect Coffee with a French Press

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Coffee
In summary: I like the flavor better.In summary, the French Press makes strong coffee that is not too strong that you can't see the bottom of the cup.
Make coffee? What is this strange use of the verb "make"? In L.A. we buy coffee. It is produced by professional barristas. I would not assume that I have the skill or training to "make" coffee.

Physics news on Phys.org
According to my recent experiance, LA is in the back woods as far as decent coffee goes.

Integral said:
According to my recent experiance, LA is in the back woods as far as decent coffee goes.

Yep, that's pretty much why we moved to Oregon. :tongue2:

Oh, if you freeze your coffee, be sure to keep it frozen the whole time. I don't remember what happened, a storm or something, but the electricity went out, and my coffee in the freezer thawed and refroze. It had a serious mayonnaise flavor- like I stirred in a heaping glob of mayonnaise. :yuck:
Also, coffee is very porous, so be sure it is kept sealed, unless you like a "everything in my freezer" aroma.

Integral said:
There are decent places. It's just that most people have been brain washed to believe that Starbucks is good coffee. That and telling them that a small is tall and medium is "grande". I tried very had to deactivate the brainwashing when I was working at the Natale's Coffee.