How to Measure Gravity, or Gravitational Pull?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the proposal of measuring the gravitational pull of a body, specifically through physical or electronic means. The speaker is not interested in the traditional method of measuring a falling body's speed, mass, and time in relation to air resistance. They also mention a helpful example of a gravimeter and express hope to receive input from others on this topic.
cleanenergy
Dear Friends & Colleagues,

I would like to propose the following Question, Is there a way to technically Measure the Gravitational Pull of a body? (body being any of the following: molecule, physical item like a rock, or a planet or a star).

I am not looking for a sample of a falling body, and the relation to speed & mass & time vs air resistance. I am looking for a way to physically or electronically measure the Gravitation pull or force of a body.

Thank You and hope to hear from many folks, as this would help me figure out another part of an even larger equation.

Physics news on Phys.org
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~scdiroff/lds/NewtonianMechanics/CavendishExperiment/CavendishExperiment.html

Thank You for Your Great Example, I also found a Gravimeter, it manufactured by
http://www.zlscorp.com/products.htm , which is what I am looking for , Thank you again, and hope to hear from others...

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to How to Measure Gravity, or Gravitational Pull?

1. What is gravity?

Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which all objects with mass are brought towards each other. It is a fundamental force of nature and is responsible for keeping celestial bodies like planets, stars, and galaxies in their orbits.

2. How is gravity measured?

Gravity is typically measured using a tool called a gravimeter, which measures the acceleration of gravity. The unit for measuring gravity is meters per second squared (m/s²). Other instruments, such as pendulums and spring scales, can also be used to indirectly measure gravity.

3. What factors affect the strength of gravity?

The strength of gravity is affected by two main factors: the masses of the objects involved and the distance between them. The greater the mass of an object, the stronger its gravitational pull, and the closer two objects are to each other, the stronger their gravitational attraction will be.

4. How does gravity differ on different planets?

The strength of gravity on a planet depends on its mass and size. Planets with larger masses and diameters will have stronger gravitational pulls. For example, the gravity on Earth is stronger than that on the Moon because Earth is bigger and has a greater mass.

5. Can gravity be manipulated or controlled?

Currently, there is no known way to manipulate or control the force of gravity. However, scientists are constantly researching and experimenting with different theories, such as anti-gravity, to better understand and potentially harness this powerful force in the future.