How to set up MPAndroid Chart?

• Thread starter Darkmisc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Set
In summary, setting up MPAndroid Chart involves adding the necessary dependencies to your project, creating a layout file for the chart, and implementing the chart in your activity or fragment. You can customize the appearance and behavior of the chart by using different chart types, adding data sets and labels, and setting various properties. Additionally, you can add animations and interactions to enhance the user experience. With proper setup and customization, MPAndroid Chart can be a powerful tool for displaying data in a visually appealing and interactive way in your Android app.
Darkmisc
TL;DR Summary
I've tried to set up MPAndroid Chart, but Android Studio says it's not found in the libraries. I've followed instructions as best I can, but my Gradle module doesn't have a repositories section.
Hi everyone

Can someone show me how to add MPAndroid Chart to Android Studio Dolphin?

I've tried following the instructions given at https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/how-to-create-a-barchart-in-android/

Navigate to the Gradle Scripts > build.gradle(Module:app) and add the below dependency in the dependencies section.

implementation ‘com.github.PhilJay:MPAndroidChart:v3.1.0’
Add the JitPack repository to your build file. Add it to your root build.gradle at the end of repositories inside the allprojects{ } section.

allprojects {
repositories {

maven { url “https://jitpack.io” }
}
}

I don't have a allprojects or repositories sections, so I just pasted
repositories {

maven { url “https://jitpack.io” }
}
I don't think it worked. In my pie chart xml, it says com.github.mikephil.charting.charts.PieChart was not found in projects or libraries.
I also tried the example at https://javapapers.com/android/android-chart-example-app-using-mpandroidchart/

This example makes no mention of repositories, but I get the same result.
<com.github.mikephil.charting.charts.PieChart is not found in projects or libraries.What am I doing wrong?Thanks

Technology news on Phys.org

1. How do I import MPAndroid Chart into my project?

To import MPAndroid Chart into your project, you can either download the library directly from the GitHub repository or use a dependency management tool such as Gradle or Maven. Detailed instructions can be found on the MPAndroid Chart website.

2. What are the minimum requirements for using MPAndroid Chart?

The minimum requirements for using MPAndroid Chart are Android API level 14 or higher and Android Studio 3.0 or higher. It also requires the support library v7 and v4.

3. How do I add a chart to my layout?

To add a chart to your layout, you can use the ChartView class provided by MPAndroid Chart. You can then customize the chart by setting various attributes such as chart type, data, labels, etc. in your code.

4. How do I add data to my chart?

To add data to your chart, you need to create a data set and add it to the chart's data object. You can also customize the appearance of the data set by setting various attributes such as color, legend label, etc. Detailed instructions can be found on the MPAndroid Chart website.

5. How do I handle user interactions with the chart?

MPAndroid Chart provides various methods to handle user interactions with the chart, such as tapping on data points, zooming, scrolling, etc. You can also add custom behavior by implementing the OnChartValueSelectedListener and OnChartGestureListener interfaces. More information on this can be found on the MPAndroid Chart website.