How to specify parameters via calculations in 4 bar linkage

In summary, The conversation discusses the design of a 4 bar compound linkage and the transfer of torque, force, power, and angular velocity on four bar mechanisms. The individual is seeking help with calculations for output torque, power, angular velocity, and force, as well as estimating dimensions for each bar/link. They also mention the need to restrict the motion of the first 4 bar to 90 degrees and the second to be 90 degrees with respect to the first. They are looking for assistance in analyzing input angles and their corresponding outputs.
Robot94
Hi I'm looking to design a 4 bar compound linkage.
I know how torque, force, power and angular velocity are transferred on four bar mechanisms.
Could someone help me with compound four bar calculations?

[PLAIN]http://i66.tinypic.com/2jg6z9t.jpg[/PLAIN]

The lower arrow shoes the input torque.
I need to design this linkage mechanism.
Could somebody help me with the calculations for output torque, power, angular velocity and force.

I just need help with the equations.
Also. I need to restrict the motion of the first 4 bar to 90 degree and the second to be 90 degree with respect to the first.

Since it turns on a range of angles, I need some way of analysing all of those input angles and their outputs.Also. I need help with estimating dimensions for each of these bars/links. How do I do that?HELP ASAP please.

Engineering news on Phys.org
http://[ATTACH=full]200001[/ATTACH] I hope the image is now visible[ATTACH=full]200002[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• PLAIN]%20[Broken].jpg
    PLAIN]%20[Broken].jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 2jg6z9t.jpg
    2jg6z9t.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 176
Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are the main parameters to consider in a 4 bar linkage system?

The four main parameters to consider in a 4 bar linkage system are the input angle, output angle, link lengths, and joint angles. These parameters are necessary to calculate the motion of the linkage system and determine its range of motion.

2. How do I calculate the input angle in a 4 bar linkage system?

The input angle can be calculated using the law of cosines. This involves using the lengths of the four links and the joint angles to determine the input angle. Alternatively, the input angle can also be specified as a known value in the system.

3. Can I specify the output angle in a 4 bar linkage system?

Yes, the output angle can be specified as a known value in the system. This can be done by using the law of cosines to calculate the output angle or by directly specifying it based on the desired motion of the linkage system.

4. How do I determine the range of motion of a 4 bar linkage system?

The range of motion of a 4 bar linkage system can be determined by analyzing the input and output angles. By varying the input angle, the output angle will also vary within a certain range. This range of output angles represents the range of motion of the linkage system.

5. Are there any limitations to specifying parameters via calculations in a 4 bar linkage system?

One limitation is that the calculations assume ideal conditions, such as frictionless joints and rigid links. In reality, there may be some degree of friction and flexibility in the system, which can affect the accuracy of the specified parameters. Additionally, the calculations may become more complex for more complex linkage systems with multiple degrees of freedom.