How to undo a certain command in DOS

• Thread starter jackson6612
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dos
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of undoing a DOS command, specifically the "color 3d" command used in a video. While there is a command to reset the color scheme, there is no way to undo a command in DOS, but it can be stopped with ctrl-C if it is still running.
jackson6612
Hi

Please have a look on the video. Is there a way to undo a certain DOS command? In the video I entered the command "color 3d", is there a way to undo this command and revert to the previous color scheme? Please help me. Thanks.

Video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Technology news on Phys.org
See here: http://www.computerhope.com/color.htm
You should be able to issue this command to reset to white foreground against a black background - color 07

Thanks, Mark. But my question was not particularly concerned about the color command. It wanted to know if there is a way to undo any command in DOS?

If the command is still running, you can stop it with ctrl-C, but AFAIK, there is no way to undo a command.

I am not an expert in DOS commands. However, based on my understanding of computer systems, there may be a few potential solutions to undoing a certain command in DOS. One option could be to use the "color" command again with the appropriate code to revert back to the previous color scheme. Another option could be to use the "undo" command, if available, to reverse the effects of the previous command. Additionally, you could try using the "reset" command to reset the entire system to its default settings. It may also be helpful to consult a DOS manual or seek assistance from a computer technician for further guidance on how to undo specific commands in DOS.

1. How do I undo a command in DOS?

To undo a command in DOS, you can use the CTRL + Z keyboard shortcut. This will undo the most recent command that you entered.

2. Can I undo multiple commands in DOS?

Yes, you can undo multiple commands in DOS by using the CTRL + Z keyboard shortcut multiple times. Each time you use it, it will undo the previous command.

3. Is there a way to undo a specific command in DOS?

No, there is not a specific way to undo a specific command in DOS. However, you can use the CTRL + Z keyboard shortcut multiple times until you reach the desired command.

4. What if I accidentally undo a command in DOS?

If you accidentally undo a command in DOS, you can use the CTRL + Y keyboard shortcut to redo it. This will bring back the most recently undone command.

5. Can I undo a command in DOS after closing the program?

No, once you close the DOS program, you cannot undo any commands that were entered. It is important to double check your commands before closing the program to avoid losing any important work.