How to view previously posted threads?

• Thread starter member 428835
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Threads
In summary, to view previously posted threads on the website, you can do a search with a specified date as the only parameter, copy the link to any post you make, or do a site search with a word for your topic and/or authored by yourself. Additionally, you can go to the lounge section of the site for admin-type questions, or follow these steps: click "Search" at the top right of the page, click the "Advanced Search" button, choose the "Search Threads" tab, enter your username in the "Posted By" box, tick the box labeled "Display results as threads", and click the "Search" button.
member 428835
I've asked this before, but the website has changed. How do you view previously posted threads, not posts? Seems unnecessarily difficult to find...

Physics news on Phys.org
joshmccraney said:
I've asked this before, but the website has changed. How do you view previously posted threads, not posts? Seems unnecessarily difficult to find...
Just do a search with a specified date as the only parameter. I don't suggest doing it for more than a few days back though 'cause you'll just get too many threads to bother looking at

I would suggest to copy the link to any post you make. I have a folder with these links. Worse, do a site search ( upper right )with a word for your topic and/or authored by yourself.

1566601834646.png

Or, by topic and author:

1566601894528.png

I assume that fear of injection-like search strings restrict the ability to search.

WWGD, is there no way to do it like a few months ago, where I can select view posts or view threads?

joshmccraney said:
WWGD, is there no way to do it like a few months ago, where I can select view posts or view threads?
Sorry Josh, I am not really sure. I think if you go to the lounge section of this site I think they have a subsection for admin-type questions of this sort. I would check further but I am in my phone , which makes any checking more difficult.

joshmccraney said:
How do you view previously posted threads,
Click "Search" at the top right of the page. (This is on a desktop computer.)
Click the "Advanced Search" button.
Choose the "Search Threads" tab.
In the "Posted By" box, enter your username.
At the bottom of the page, just above the "Search" button, tick the box labeled "Display results as threads".
Click the "Search" button.

Likes member 428835
Thank you all!

Likes WWGD

1. How can I access previously posted threads?

To view previously posted threads, you can navigate to the website or forum where the threads were originally posted. If you are unable to find the specific thread, you can use the search function on the website to search for keywords or topics related to the thread.

2. Can I view threads that have been deleted?

No, if a thread has been deleted by the website or forum moderator, it will not be accessible to view. However, you may be able to find archived versions of the thread through internet archives or web cache.

3. Is there a way to view threads that were posted on a different platform?

If the threads were originally posted on a different website or forum, you will need to visit that specific platform in order to view them. Some websites may have an option to import threads from other platforms, but this is not always the case.

4. How far back can I view previously posted threads?

This will depend on the website or forum's policies and the availability of archived versions. Some websites may only keep threads available for a certain period of time, while others may have archived versions that go back several years.

5. Can I view threads that I have previously deleted?

If you have deleted a thread that you have posted, it will not be accessible to view. However, if you have only deleted your own comments or replies within a thread, the thread itself will still be visible to others.