Human frequency and muscle contractions

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of inducing muscle contractions in the human body through specific frequencies of vibrational energy. This phenomenon has been explored as a potential military weapon and there is interest in finding ways to dampen the frequency. However, standard vibrational dampers do not address this specific issue. The use of explosions as a method of dampening is also mentioned but may not be effective.
Mel2103
Is possible for human muscles to contract from resonance at certain levels/ranges of frequency?

I have been a lot about how with the right frequency, one can induce contractions in diff parts of the human body. Does anyone know about this? If this is true, then what is the way you can dampen the frequency, assuming the the frequency is transmitted via vibrational energy? The dampeners currently in the market seems to be targeted only toward frequencies of music and more structural/mechanic sorts.

(I apologize if I am not using very techy physics term; I only took 1 year of college physics)

mel2103

Physics news on Phys.org
That's pretty much how a Taser works, so yes... it is definitely possible.

I think he's talking about sonic frequencies, and I have not seen anything like that.

Oh... I misunderstood that. Sorry.

Well, I have been reading other posts on this forum about this phenomenon, about how human body frequency being in the range of 5 to 10 hz, with the suggestion that muscle contraction of diff parts of body are possible by varying the frequency. Apparently this phenonemon has been exploited for use by the US gov't as a potential military weapon against the enemies.

I don't mean sonic frequency in the sense that there is no medium to transfer this energy other than air. I am interested in vibrational energy, whether it be caused by sound or some other sheer mechanical source and how that causes muscle contractions in the human body. So, you see, it is not that far-fetched.

More importantly, how can this be dampened? Standard vibrational dampers do not address this issue since it focuses mainly on frequency related to music or structural noises.

Mel2103 said:
More importantly, how can this be dampened?

You could set off an explosion between you and the source, but I suspect that it might be counter-productive.

Last edited:

1. What is human frequency and how does it affect muscle contractions?

Human frequency refers to the rate at which our muscles contract and relax. This frequency is controlled by signals from the brain and nervous system. The faster the frequency, the faster the muscle contractions will be.

2. How is human frequency measured?

Human frequency can be measured in hertz (Hz), which represents the number of times a muscle contracts and relaxes in one second. A normal human frequency is around 7-8 Hz, but it can vary depending on factors such as exercise and stress.

3. What happens if the human frequency is too high or too low?

If the human frequency is too high, it can cause muscle fatigue and cramping. This is because the muscles are contracting and relaxing too quickly, which can lead to a lack of oxygen and buildup of lactic acid. On the other hand, if the human frequency is too low, it can result in muscle weakness and lack of coordination.

4. Can human frequency be altered?

Yes, human frequency can be altered through various methods such as exercise, meditation, and medication. Regular exercise can improve the efficiency of muscle contractions and increase the overall human frequency. Meditation and relaxation techniques can also help to lower human frequency and reduce stress. In some cases, medication may be used to regulate human frequency in individuals with certain medical conditions.

5. How does human frequency play a role in muscle development?

Human frequency is an important factor in muscle development. When we exercise, our muscles experience micro-tears which are then repaired through protein synthesis. The faster the human frequency, the more protein synthesis occurs, leading to increased muscle strength and size. This is why weightlifters and athletes often train at high frequencies in order to build muscle mass.