I Cant Understand this mux implementation

• Thread starter transgalactic
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses implementing a 8-1 MUX using 2^3X4 and 2^3X1 PROMs, with a chip select input in the MUX. The solution and programming tables for the circuit are provided, but the individual is having trouble understanding the circuit and how it works. They attempted to trace it out on paper but found it difficult to understand. Eventually, they were able to get the correct answers but still did not understand why. They also provide a link to a circuit and programming tables for reference.
transgalactic
i need to implement a 8-1 MUX using 2^3X4 and 2^3X1 proms

where there is a chip select input in the MUX

here is the solution of the circuit and the programming tables

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/t...=IMG_8816-1.jpg

i can't understand this circuit
there is s0 that goes in every prom independently
there is a chip select input inside of the "main prom"

i tried to trace out the way it works with pencil and paper
but this this really tough to understand

i couldn't get this pattern like in ordinary mux
that if we take s0=0 s1=0 s2=1 then take I1
eventually i got to the right answers
but i coudnt understand why?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Galactic, where is the ckt n prog table? instead i watch some ... :-(

Related to I Cant Understand this mux implementation

1. What is a mux in electronics?

A mux, short for multiplexer, is a device that allows multiple signals to be transmitted over a single channel or line. It is commonly used in digital electronics to select and route data from multiple sources to a single output.

2. How does a mux work?

A mux works by using a combination of control signals to select which input signal is transmitted to the output. This is achieved through the use of logic gates, such as AND gates and OR gates, which allow for the selection of the desired input signal.

3. What is the purpose of a mux in a circuit?

A mux is used in a circuit to simplify the routing of multiple signals to a single output. It also helps to reduce the number of wires and components needed in a circuit, making it more efficient and cost-effective.

4. What are the different types of mux implementations?

There are several types of mux implementations, including digital muxes, analog muxes, and bus muxes. Digital muxes are used in digital circuits to select between binary inputs, while analog muxes are used in analog circuits to select between analog signals. Bus muxes are used to select between multiple data buses in a circuit.

5. How do I troubleshoot a mux implementation that I can't understand?

If you are having trouble understanding a mux implementation, the first step is to carefully review the circuit diagram and make sure all connections are correct. You can also use a multimeter to check for continuity and voltage levels at different points in the circuit. If the issue persists, it may be helpful to consult with a more experienced colleague or seek assistance from online forums or resources.