I can't work out how to use my calculator pleae help exam sunday

In summary, Peter is having trouble using his Texas Inspire cx and a Casio fx82au calculator to solve trigonometry questions. He was able to find a formula in his university textbook but even with the help of the internet and the calculator's manual, he was still getting the wrong answer. After receiving advice from another user, he was able to solve his issue by making sure the calculator was set to degrees instead of radians.
Pete789
1. I have two calculators. including the Texas inspire cx. I can't make either of them work reliably on trig questions. I have an exam sunday and i need to be sure how to use my inspire.
2. Summation: [50][0.5] + [50][0.07cos35] + [100][0.1cos35] = 13.55
3. Now i got this formula off my uni textbook. However, i consistently get the wrong answer. The internet and the book that came with my inspire are useless.

Anyone with an inspire or casio fx82au.. please help

Pete

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
If you are using degrees in your trig formulas, make sure the calculator is set to degrees rather than radians.

Yep right, got it thanks Steamking. Now it works

Peter

1. Why can't I work out how to use my calculator?

There could be a few different reasons for this. Perhaps you are not familiar with the specific type of calculator you are using, or maybe you are not familiar with the specific functions you need to use for your exam. It's also possible that you are feeling overwhelmed or anxious about the exam, which can make it difficult to concentrate and figure out how to use your calculator.

2. How can I prepare for using my calculator for my exam?

The best way to prepare is to practice with the calculator beforehand. Make sure you know the basic functions and how to access them on your calculator. You can also review any specific functions that you know will be needed for your exam. Additionally, try to stay calm and focused during the exam so you can think clearly and use your calculator effectively.

3. Can you provide some tips for using a calculator during an exam?

Sure! First, make sure your calculator is fully charged or has fresh batteries. Also, keep your calculator in good condition and avoid pressing too hard on the buttons. During the exam, double check your calculations and make sure you are entering the correct numbers and using the right functions. And remember to take your time and stay calm.

4. What should I do if I still can't figure out how to use my calculator?

If you are having trouble with your calculator, don't panic. Take a deep breath and try to stay calm. You can also try asking the proctor or your classmates for help. If all else fails, you can always try to work out the calculations by hand, as long as it doesn't take up too much time during the exam.

5. Is it okay to use a calculator during an exam?

It depends on the exam and the teacher's instructions. Some exams allow the use of calculators, while others do not. It's important to check with your teacher beforehand to make sure you are allowed to use a calculator during the exam. If you are, make sure you follow any guidelines or restrictions given to you.