I don't understand a sample problem in Dynamics Beer

In summary, the conversation is about a user on a forum who is having trouble understanding a sample problem from a specific textbook. They ask for help and provide a scan of the problem, but are reminded to follow the forum's guidelines for posting homework questions. The conversation ends with a moderator closing the thread.
Alexanddros81
Hi!
I am new to this forum and i have problem understanding sample problem 13.5 from Vector Mechanics for Engineers 10th edition Statics and dynamics. (Beer)
In particular I don't understant how in part b assigns the value aC=-1/2aD

If anyone can help
thanks

Attachments

• img001.jpg
    img001.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 355
Physics news on Phys.org
We don't have every possible technical book immediately available for reference - please tell us yourself what the actual problem is .

I have scanned the page with the sample problem and i attached it

You need to post in one of the homework forums and fill the template found there (without neglecting the attempt at a solution).

Thread closed.

1. What is Dynamics Beer?

Dynamics Beer is a theoretical model used in physics to study the motion of particles in a system. It is named after the scientists who first developed this model, Sir Isaac Newton and Leonhard Euler.

2. What type of problems can be solved using Dynamics Beer?

Dynamics Beer can be used to solve problems involving the motion of particles in a system, such as calculating the velocity, acceleration, and position of an object over time.

3. How do I approach solving a sample problem in Dynamics Beer?

The first step in solving a problem in Dynamics Beer is to identify the known and unknown variables, and then choose the appropriate equations to use. It is also important to draw a clear diagram and label all relevant quantities.

4. What are some common challenges when solving problems in Dynamics Beer?

One common challenge is determining the correct direction for vectors, such as velocity and acceleration. Another challenge is setting up the equations correctly and applying the appropriate units. It is also important to double-check calculations and use the correct formula for the given scenario.

5. Are there any tips for successfully solving problems in Dynamics Beer?

Some tips for solving problems in Dynamics Beer include practicing with various types of problems, breaking the problem down into smaller steps, and checking your work for accuracy. It can also be helpful to work with a study group or seek assistance from a tutor or professor.