I find it much more enjoyable to work with women

• Thread starter CFDFEAGURU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Women Work
In summary: While I was in high school (many years ago) I took a summer job with a large electronics manufacturer. All of my coworkers, including my boss, were women. I liked it. Except that my boss seemed to enjoy having a man to give the physically demanding and dirty jobs to. Many years later when working for another company I found myself in the position of supervising a group of all women. I liked it. Except that I had to do most of the physically demanding and dirty jobs.
CFDFEAGURU
Hi all,

In the past 6 years I have worked with four women. One develops ANSYS models with and for me, another develops custom Excel add-in engineering programs with me, another is project manager, and lastly, one is a chemical engineer. I have found that working with women is much more enjoyable then working with men. There is no "one uping" all the time, bragging, and just plain stupidity that generally results when all men are working together.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Thanks
Matt

Physics news on Phys.org
In the workplace, I prefer not to have a preference one way or the other.

I prefer not to work with other men that find it much more enjoyable to work with women.

Experiment, to quantify it for you :

In your meetings keep track of who interrupts who(m).
Where I worked men interrupted women way more often than they'd interrupt other men.

Make some kind of "interrupt matrix" before hand, put it in your clipboard and mark it up during a few meetings.
You'll soon know what is the pecking order.

I've heard it said: 'The female of the species is more deadly than the male'.

But I'm pretty obtuse in such matters.

While I was in high school (many years ago) I took a summer job with a large electronics manufacturer. All of my coworkers, including my boss, were women. I liked it. Except that my boss seemed to enjoy having a man to give the physically demanding and dirty jobs to. Many years later when working for another company I found myself in the position of supervising a group of all women. I liked it. Except that I had to do most of the physically demanding and dirty jobs.

TurtleMeister said:
While I was in high school (many years ago) I took a summer job with a large electronics manufacturer. All of my coworkers, including my boss, were women. I liked it. Except that my boss seemed to enjoy having a man to give the physically demanding and dirty jobs to. Many years later when working for another company I found myself in the position of supervising a group of all women. I liked it. Except that I had to do most of the physically demanding and dirty jobs.

HAHA!

jim hardy said:
Experiment, to quantify it for you :

In your meetings keep track of who interrupts who(m).
Where I worked men interrupted women way more often than they'd interrupt other men.

Make some kind of "interrupt matrix" before hand, put it in your clipboard and mark it up during a few meetings.
You'll soon know what is the pecking order.

I've heard it said: 'The female of the species is more deadly than the male'.

But I'm pretty obtuse in such matters.

Good idea, I never thought of doing that.

:rofl:
TurtleMeister said:

What are the reasons for finding it more enjoyable to work with women?

There could be various reasons for finding it more enjoyable to work with women. Some possible reasons could be that they bring a different perspective to the work, have good communication and collaboration skills, and are often empathetic and supportive in the workplace.

What are some potential challenges of working with women?

As with any group of individuals, there can be challenges in working with women. Some possible challenges could include differences in communication styles, differing opinions and perspectives, and potential conflicts or misunderstandings.

How does working with women impact team dynamics?

Working with women can have a positive impact on team dynamics. They can bring diversity and different strengths to the team, promote collaboration and teamwork, and help create a more inclusive and supportive work environment.

Are there any studies or research that support the idea that working with women is more enjoyable?

Yes, there have been numerous studies and research that show the benefits of having a diverse team, including working with women. These studies have shown that diverse teams tend to have better problem-solving abilities and can lead to higher levels of innovation and creativity.

How can individuals foster a positive and enjoyable work environment when working with women?

Individuals can foster a positive and enjoyable work environment when working with women by promoting open and respectful communication, being open to different perspectives and ideas, and actively creating an inclusive and supportive workplace culture.