I have a question about neuroscience

In summary, neuroscience is the scientific study of the nervous system, including the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nervous system. It has several branches, including cognitive neuroscience, behavioral neuroscience, cellular neuroscience, developmental neuroscience, and computational neuroscience. It is an interdisciplinary field that draws from various disciplines to better understand the nervous system and its role in behavior, cognition, and emotion. Many techniques such as imaging, electrophysiology, and genetics are used in neuroscience research, and current topics of study include brain plasticity, neurodevelopmental disorders, neurodegenerative diseases, consciousness, and the effects of environmental factors on the brain.
rtpour
I am studing bachelor physics,and i love neuroscience,but i want to work on it by phisics,not biology,in fact i love neurophysics,
any body knows which universities work on brain and neuroscience with physics sight??really thanks

Physics news on Phys.org

What is neuroscience?

Neuroscience is the scientific study of the nervous system, including the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nervous system. It examines the structure, function, and development of the nervous system as well as the mechanisms underlying behavior, cognition, and emotion.

What are the different branches of neuroscience?

There are several branches of neuroscience, including cognitive neuroscience, behavioral neuroscience, cellular neuroscience, developmental neuroscience, and computational neuroscience. Each branch focuses on a specific aspect of the nervous system and uses different techniques and methods to study it.

How does neuroscience relate to other fields?

Neuroscience is an interdisciplinary field that draws from biology, psychology, computer science, physics, and many other disciplines. It combines knowledge and techniques from these fields to better understand the nervous system and its role in behavior, cognition, and emotion.

What techniques are used in neuroscience research?

There are many techniques used in neuroscience research, including imaging techniques such as MRI and fMRI, electrophysiological techniques such as EEG and EMG, and genetic techniques such as CRISPR. Each technique has its own strengths and limitations and is used to answer different types of research questions.

What are some current topics of study in neuroscience?

Some current topics of study in neuroscience include brain plasticity, neurodevelopmental disorders, neurodegenerative diseases, consciousness, and the neural basis of decision making and emotion. Researchers are also studying the effects of environmental factors on the brain, such as diet, exercise, and stress.