I have a question about the mathematical model of a reflective curve

In summary, the conversation was about finding information on the mathematical model of a reflective curve, other than Wikipedia. The topic was not clearly defined, but possible sources include scientific articles and journals such as those found on ScienceDirect or the Journal of the Optical Society of America. The conversation then clarified that the topic was specifically about the mathematical model of the reflective surface used in satellite dishes, which is a parabola or paraboloid.
hagopbul
TL;DR Summary
question on mathematical model of reflection
Hello :

Have a question regarding the mathematical model of reflective curve where could i find information on it ? (pdf , webpages , ebooks ,...etc )

Other than Wikipedia

Best Regards
HB

Physics news on Phys.org
It would be helpful to know your question before trying to source the answer.

• Love
Likes hagopbul, Delta2, pbuk and 1 other person
What is a "reflective curve"?
What is the application?
Are you talking about curved mirrors, as used in telescopes or microwave dishes?

Likes hagopbul
hagopbul said:
Summary: question on mathematical model of reflection

Hello :

Have a question regarding the mathematical model of reflective curve where could i find information on it ? (pdf , webpages , ebooks ,...etc )

Other than Wikipedia

Best Regards
HB
Is one referring to a 'reflectance curve', or reflectance of the surface of a material, as in its effectiveness in reflecting radiant energy?

If so, https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/spectral-reflectance

or something like - https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0034425782900578

or try - Journal of the Optical Society of America - e.g., https://opg.optica.org/josa/abstract.cfm?uri=josa-35-9-597

or perhaps - https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.162368999

Likes hagopbul
no , i was talking about reflective curve a shape that reflect optical waves into some point reluctance was not part of my question , it is related to math and mathematical modeling i am reviewing math books now and found an exercise around this topic

1. What is a mathematical model of a reflective curve?

A mathematical model of a reflective curve is a representation of a curve that reflects light in a predictable manner. It is typically used in optics and physics to study the behavior of light rays when they hit a reflective surface.

2. How is a mathematical model of a reflective curve created?

A mathematical model of a reflective curve is created by using mathematical equations and principles to describe the behavior of light rays when they hit a reflective surface. This involves taking into account factors such as the angle of incidence, the angle of reflection, and the surface's properties.

3. What is the purpose of studying a mathematical model of a reflective curve?

The purpose of studying a mathematical model of a reflective curve is to understand and predict the behavior of light when it interacts with reflective surfaces. This can have practical applications in fields such as optics, engineering, and architecture.

4. Can a mathematical model of a reflective curve be applied to real-world situations?

Yes, a mathematical model of a reflective curve can be applied to real-world situations. It can be used to design and optimize reflective surfaces, such as mirrors or solar panels, and to understand how light behaves in different environments.

5. Are there different types of mathematical models for reflective curves?

Yes, there are different types of mathematical models for reflective curves. Some common models include the plane mirror model, the spherical mirror model, and the parabolic mirror model. Each model is used to study different types of reflective surfaces and their unique properties.