I love learning but games and other distractions get in the way help

• Thread starter Gym Keeper
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Games Love
In summary, the speaker is a 15 year old boy with ADHD who loves learning but struggles with spending too much time playing video games. They are asking for tips on how to overcome this problem and have shared a resource about procrastination and overcoming video game addiction. The speaker also mentions the difficulty of studying everything before exams and suggests uninstalling the game as a solution.
Gym Keeper
I'm a 15 year old boy in high school and I have a sever case of ADHD but I take medicine for it. I love learning but lately I've noticed how much time games have gotten in the way. It's become a problem because I will be playing a game and I will know that it's taking away precious learning time but I cannot bring myself to stop. Has anybody else dealt with this problem? Any tips? I seriously LOVE physics but my biggest undoing is video games.

Physics news on Phys.org
What I do is think about the how difficult it will be to study everything in the 5-mins before Exams.
It's like walking on fire.

You can try uninstalling the game too.

What are the common distractions that get in the way of learning?

The most common distractions that can get in the way of learning include social media, video games, television, and mobile devices.

How do these distractions affect our ability to learn?

These distractions can affect our ability to learn by taking away our focus and attention from studying or absorbing new information. They can also disrupt our cognitive processes and ultimately hinder our ability to retain information.

What are some tips for managing these distractions?

Some tips for managing distractions include setting specific times for using electronic devices, finding a quiet and distraction-free study space, using apps or tools to block certain websites or notifications, and taking breaks to refocus and recharge.

Are there any benefits to incorporating games into learning?

Yes, incorporating games into learning can have several benefits. It can make the learning process more engaging and interactive, help with memory retention, and stimulate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

How can we balance our love for learning with our tendency to get distracted?

To balance our love for learning with distractions, it's important to prioritize and manage our time effectively. Set clear goals and create a schedule that allows for both learning and breaks. Also, find ways to make learning fun and incorporate activities that incorporate our interests and hobbies.