How Have Historical Cooling Methods Inspired Modern Techniques?

In summary: For example:In summary, I developed a solution to cooling a room with a fan and block of ice. The fan is a heater, and the room and the melted ice (water) will soon be at a temperature not much higher than that of the inside of the block of ice, except the fan motor, which will be comparatively warm until it's turned off.
JohnAna
I have project about cooling the room with ice and fan, I want introduction to type it in the report, any idea, thanks :smile:

Engineering news on Phys.org
JohnAna said:
I have project about cooling the room with ice and fan, I want introduction to type it in the report, any idea, thanks :smile:
The fan (assuming it's electric) is a heater (if the fan is hand-wielded, then the wielder is a heater) -- if it's a 60-watt fan, it produces the same heat as a 60-watt lamp. Beyond that, you haven't said: how much ice, how big a room, starting temperature of the air in the room, etc..

Likes JohnAna
Thanks!, i wrote the calculation and everything related to the project, but what i need is an introduction like general information about cooling system using fan and ice . :smile:

You didn't write the specific information in this thread. The general information is that blowing warm air over a block of ice tends to melt the ice while cooling the air to somewhere near the temperature of the ice. If you have a block of ice that's half the size of the room, and a big fan, the room and the melted ice (water) will soon be at a temperature not much higher than that of the inside of the block of ice, except the fan motor, which will be comparatively warm until it's turned off.

Likes JohnAna
We help students, but we don't do their work for them. @JohnAna , you should make an attempt to write the intro yourself, then post it here and we may have helpful comments.

Meanwhile, other PF members please do not comments until we see the OP's attempt.

Why not talk about historical methods of cooling such as the traditional icehouse and transport of ice for iceboxes.

Your introduction should introduce your project saying perhaps what problem you encountered that caused you to develop this solution and then you segway into the introduction to your project in particular.

1. What is a project introduction?

A project introduction is a brief overview of the project that explains its purpose, goals, and objectives. It typically includes a summary of what the project will accomplish and why it is important.

2. Why is a project introduction important?

A project introduction is important because it sets the tone for the entire project and helps stakeholders understand the purpose and scope of the project. It also helps to establish expectations and ensure everyone is on the same page.

3. How do I write a project introduction?

To write a project introduction, start by clearly defining the project's objectives and goals. Then, provide a brief overview of the project, including its purpose and why it is important. It is also helpful to include any relevant background information and a timeline for the project.

4. What should be included in a project introduction?

A project introduction should include a brief overview of the project, its purpose and goals, relevant background information, and a timeline for the project. It may also include information about the project team, stakeholders, and any potential challenges or risks.

5. Can I get help with writing a project introduction?

Yes, there are many resources available to help with writing a project introduction. You can consult with other project team members, seek guidance from a project manager, or use online templates and guides. It is important to ensure that the project introduction accurately reflects the project and effectively communicates its purpose and goals.