I need the solution for the 3 important problems

• Thread starter abdallah306
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Important
In summary: We help you with the work that you have done.In summary, the first conversation discusses a pressure gauge with a range of 0 to 100 kg/cm2 and an accuracy of +/-2%. The tolerance of the gauge indication of 50 kg/cm2 is +/-2 kg/cm2. The second conversation involves an instrument system with a pressure transducer and electronic processor, and the indicated pressure can be deduced based on the current output of 12 mA. The third conversation is about determining the minimum motor power and cable size needed to raise water from sea level to a height of 1000/9.8 m using a 11KV feed and considering a safety factor of 1.1. The answer is 1M Watt
abdallah306
Question 1:
A pressure gauge has accuracy equal +/-2% of full scale. The gauge range is from 0 to 100 kg/cm2. When the gauge indicate 50 kg/cm2 What is the tolerance of this indication?

a) +/- 2 kg/cm2
b) +/- 10 kg/cm2
c) +/- 1 kg/cm2

Question 2:
An instrument system consists of pressure transducer with a range of 0 to 4 bar and a corresponding output of 0 to 10 mV. The output is connected to an electronic processor which converts the output into a current in the range 4 to 20 mA, and an analogue meter which indicates the measured pressure.
If the output of the signal processor is 12 mA. Deduce the indicated pressure?

a) 2 bar
b) 5 bar
c) 2.5 bar

Question 3:
What is the minimum motor power capacity required to drive a water pump to raise water from sea level to a hill of 1000/9.8 m height AMSL to get a flow rate of 1000 cu m/sec. Ignoring pipe losses. If the motor is to be fed by a 11KV feed, using a 1.1 safety factor, what is the size of the used cable using the following details.

mm2 ------- Ampere
16 ------------110
25 ------------140
35-------------165

a) 1M Watt, 25 mm2
b) 1K Watt, 16 mm2
c) 1M Watt, 16 mm2

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums!

Why don't you show us what you're thinking, and then we can help you with your solutions?

Why don't you show us what you're thinking, and then we can help you with your solutions?
A agree, the problems are too easy (the third is the hardest), you have only to interpret the question. How can we explain the third problem to you if you don't even know how to work with %. Show us your work !

dear all I need to know the rules and equations or the idea because I forget this kind of problems and I want to remember them.
Please help me as much as you can with everything to remember how to solve it.

What is 2% of 100 ?

These are mostly definition and simple rate-type equations. What sort of review is it that you're doing?

1) How does an error as a percentage of the full scale compare to an error as a percentage of the reading compare to an error in the least-significant digit?
http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=9085

2) This is just dealing with percentages (except for the current, where you need to use an offset as the current doesn't go to zero).

3) Work is force over a distance. To lift a cubic meter of water by 1 meter, you'd have to work against gravity. You can also use the potential energy you'd have to imbue on the water to get it to the height via the formula [itex]E=m*g*h[/itex] Conveniently, the height is given as:
[itex]\frac{1000}{9.8}[/itex] m

Since power is energy per second, this allows you to determine the current and apply a safety factor.

abdallah306 said:
dear all I need to know the rules and equations or the idea because I forget this kind of problems and I want to remember them.
Please help me as much as you can with everything to remember how to solve it.

You need to show some effort and work on these problems, or this thread will be deleted.

We do not do your homework for you here on the PF.

Related to I need the solution for the 3 important problems

What are the 3 important problems that need a solution?

The specific problems may vary depending on the context, but some common examples could include environmental issues, health concerns, economic challenges, etc.

Why is finding a solution for these problems important?

Solving problems can lead to a better quality of life for individuals and society as a whole. It can also help prevent or minimize negative consequences and promote progress and innovation.

How can we go about finding a solution for these problems?

There are various approaches that can be taken, such as conducting research, gathering data, collaborating with experts, and using critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

What factors should be considered when finding a solution for these problems?

Some important factors to consider include the root causes of the problems, potential impacts of different solutions, feasibility of implementation, cost-effectiveness, and potential ethical concerns.

What role can science play in finding solutions for these problems?

Science can provide valuable insights and evidence-based solutions through research, experimentation, and analysis. Scientists can also collaborate with other stakeholders to develop effective and sustainable solutions.