I want to make a house which will be controlled my your laptop or a cell phon

In summary, the conversation discusses a year 12 student's project idea to create a model house controlled by a laptop or cell phone. The features of the house include a gate sensor, remote-controlled gate, turntable for cars, garage, and light bulbs controlled by the cell phone. The student also mentions the need for an automatic curtain blind and the use of DC motors for controlling the gate, garage, and curtains. They express the need for help with circuit board designing and programming, and mention the use of an Arduino kit for automation. The conversation ends with the student seeking advice on the feasibility of their project.
Ravishel
I am a year 12 student and would like to make a small model for my project.
I want to make a house which will be controlled my your laptop or a cell phone. The house should have the following features installed.
-should have a gate sensor (i already have made a gate sensor with a scale)
-gate to open from my command either laptop or cell phone
-a turntable to turn the car without any hassle.
-a garage
-control few light bulbs of the house from cell phone (light should light automatically at 6.30Pm every day)
-a lastly a automatic curtain blind which open n close at specific time.

the following things will be controlled from DC motor
-gate
-garage
-curtains

all light bulbs will be led.

i need help in the circuit board designing and bit of programing as for the time when bulbs will light n curtains .

Engineering news on Phys.org
You have your work cut out for you. You also need to worry about the data transmittion wirelessly from your device.

Umm it will all b conected to laptop from curcuit board.no wireless..

Hi
I do not know your background knowledge but it might be a bit overwhelming, for you. If not i think a good starting place for your automation efforts would be to start learning to program to the Arduino kit. With it you need minimal aditional circuitrly to connect your computer to for instance a relay or transistor. You can also conceptually develop your control system before you start spending money and learning things at a time.

Hope everything works.

I am excited to hear about your project to create a house that can be controlled by a laptop or cell phone. This is a great example of utilizing technology to improve our daily lives. Your proposed features, such as the gate sensor, turntable, and automatic curtain blind, are all innovative and useful additions to a modern house.

In order to successfully create this model, it will be important to carefully plan and design the circuit board and programming. You will need to consider the power source, the connections between the different components, and the code necessary to control them. It would be helpful to research existing technologies and similar projects to get an idea of how they are designed and programmed.

In terms of the circuit board, you will need to determine the appropriate components and their placement in order to ensure efficient and effective functioning. It may also be helpful to consult with an electrical engineer or seek guidance from your school's science department.

For the programming aspect, you will need to decide which platform or language you will use and familiarize yourself with its capabilities and limitations. It may also be helpful to create a flowchart or diagram to map out the sequence of events and commands for each feature of the house.

Overall, your project has great potential and I am sure with careful planning and execution, you will be able to create an impressive model house that can be controlled by a laptop or cell phone. Good luck with your project!

What is a "smart house" or "smart home"?

A smart house or smart home is a residence that uses internet-connected devices to enable the remote monitoring and management of appliances and systems, such as lighting, heating, and security. This allows homeowners to control and automate their home's functions through a central system, such as a laptop or cell phone.

How does a smart house work?

A smart house works by connecting devices and appliances to a central system, typically through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. These devices can then be remotely controlled and monitored through a user interface, such as a smartphone app or web portal. The central system also collects data from sensors and devices to make adjustments and automate functions based on the homeowner's preferences.

What are the benefits of a smart house?

There are several benefits to having a smart house, including increased convenience, energy efficiency, and security. With remote control and automation, homeowners can save time and effort in managing their home's functions. Smart homes also allow for more efficient use of energy, as devices can be programmed to turn off when not in use. Additionally, smart homes often have advanced security features, such as surveillance cameras and motion sensors, providing homeowners with peace of mind.

What devices can be controlled in a smart house?

Most appliances and systems in a house can be connected and controlled in a smart home. This includes lighting, heating and cooling, security systems, entertainment systems, and even kitchen appliances. Newer homes are being built with smart features already integrated, but existing homes can also be retrofitted with smart devices.

Is a smart house secure?

Like any internet-connected device, there is always a risk of security breaches in a smart house. However, with proper security measures, such as using strong passwords and keeping software updated, the risks can be minimized. It is also important to choose reputable and secure smart devices from trusted manufacturers.