I was gobsmacked when I printed off the photos, said Mr Done

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Photos
In summary, Mr. Done was surprised when he printed off the photos. A group of steeplejacks took a photo of a bird's nest and ended up capturing an unexpected image of a ghostly figure in the steeple. This discovery caused concern among council members and was a topic of discussion at their meeting. However, the photographer claims it is just a self-portrait or a result of a double exposure.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
“I was gobsmacked when I printed off the photos,” said Mr Done

:smile: That is a funny sentence.

...But when steeplejacks zoomed into get a photograph of the birds’ nest, they ended up with an unexpected snapshot.

Foreman Barry Done says the digital snap shows a ghostly figure hovering in the steeple – and the find has worried council bosses so much it was the hot topic at their Monday morning meeting.[continued]
http://www.halifaxtoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=700&ArticleID=971894

Physics news on Phys.org
I take a lot of photos. That is a classic self portrait in a mirror pose. The camera is in the upper hand, and the lower hand is pushing the button to take the picture. It is either a double exposure, or there was a piece of glass present that acted as a mirror, the taker of the picture just felt so jazzed to come up with controversy, that he or she is forgetting that it is a self portrait, or the portrait of someone that was goofing around with the camera before the shoot.

Wow, that is definitely unexpected! I can understand why Mr. Done was gobsmacked when he printed off the photos. It must have been quite a shock to see a ghostly figure in the steeple. I can imagine that this has caused quite a stir among council bosses. It's not every day that something like this happens. It will be interesting to see how this situation develops. Thank you for sharing this intriguing story.

Related to I was gobsmacked when I printed off the photos, said Mr Done

1. What does it mean to be "gobsmacked"?

"Gobsmacked" is a colloquial term that means to be extremely surprised or shocked by something.

2. Who is Mr Done?

Mr Done is the person who made the statement about being gobsmacked when printing off photos. It is not specified in the statement who this person is or what their role is.

3. What caused Mr Done to be gobsmacked?

The statement does not specify what exactly caused Mr Done to be gobsmacked, but it can be inferred that it was something related to the photos he printed off.

4. Is being gobsmacked a positive or negative emotion?

Gobsmacked can be used to describe both positive and negative emotions. In this context, it could be interpreted as a positive reaction to the photos, but it could also be used in a negative sense if the photos were unexpected or unpleasant.

5. Can being gobsmacked have physical effects?

Yes, being gobsmacked can have physical effects such as an open mouth, wide eyes, or a shocked expression. It can also cause a person to be speechless or stunned for a moment.

Back