I'd like to find a power bank circuit with 2.7V input

In summary, a power bank circuit with a capacitor can only use a limited amount of the energy before it needs to be recharged. The best way to use the capacitor's energy is to use a buck-boost converter to let it start above the output voltage and droop down to it as it discharges.
emtae55
TL;DR Summary
I'd like to buy a power bank circuit board which input voltage with 2.7V. 'Cause I'll make power bank with super capacitor.
Hey, can you find me a power bank circuit which has 2.7V input?? Because I'm in a project which makes power bank with super capacitor, and you knows that we can't input voltage above the maximum voltage of capacitor, right?

You can refer this video.
Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Maybe there is such thing, but I suggest you consider something first: the circuit will work only in a range. So, maybe between 2.2 to 2.7V => around half (or more) of the energy will remain in the capacitors, inaccessible.

You can make it better by using two capacitors in series instead of sticking to the 2.7V.

Rive said:
Maybe there is such thing, but I suggest you consider something first: the circuit will work only in a range. So, maybe between 2.2 to 2.7V => around half (or more) of the energy will remain in the capacitors, inaccessible.

You can make it better by using two capacitors in series instead of sticking to the 2.7V.
Thanks. And can i ask you something else??
If i make a power bank with capacitor, should i use a protection circuit?? Because I can't find protection circuit for capacitor. There were only protection circuit for Li-ion Battery.

Depends on how deep do you want to dig into the topic. For limited capacity DIY project protection circuit is optional, not necessary: you can start without it.
But you have to keep in mind that supercapacitors are very different from batteries, so you have to be very careful with the charge/discharge circuitry.

Honestly, this size/application is not really part of the economical usage of supercaps. Still, it qualifies as a DIY project.

Last edited:
emtae55 said:
Hey, can you find me a power bank circuit which has 2.7V input?? Because I'm in a project which makes power bank with super capacitor, and you knows that we can't input voltage above the maximum voltage of capacitor, right?
As you start to learn about battery-powered circuits and using supercaps for energy storage, it is good for you to learn about how to efficiently manage voltage conversion for such circuits using DC-DC converters.

As @Rive mentions, if you can only use a small range of the output voltage of a battery or supercap, you will likely not be able to use most of the stored energy before recharging is required. If you try to make a 5V power supply from `1.5V batteries, it is hard to come up with a configuration of them that will efficiently get you to 5V when using a low dropout linear regulator. Instead, it's better to use 2 of the 1.5V batteries in series, and follow that with a DC-DC "boost" converter to boost up the ~3V up to 5V and keep it regulated. Using such a circuit you can get 90% or more of the energy out of the batteries before they have to be recharged. Similarly for supercap-based circuits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC-to-DC_converter

Also, you can use a DC-DC converter topology called "buck-boost" to let the input voltage from your batteries or supercap start above the output voltage, and droop below it as they discharge. You might do this when using 2 x 1.5V batteries in series to make a 3.3V power supply, for example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck–boost_converter

:smile:

Likes zoki85

1. What is a power bank circuit?

A power bank circuit is a device that stores electrical energy and can be used to charge electronic devices such as phones, tablets, and laptops. It typically consists of a battery, charging circuit, and output ports.

2. Can a power bank circuit charge devices with a 2.7V input?

Yes, a power bank circuit can charge devices with a 2.7V input as long as the circuit is designed to handle that specific voltage. It is important to check the specifications of the power bank before using it to charge a device with a 2.7V input.

3. How does a power bank circuit work?

A power bank circuit works by converting the stored electrical energy from its battery into the appropriate voltage and current needed to charge a device. The charging circuit regulates the flow of electricity to ensure safe and efficient charging.

4. Are there different types of power bank circuits?

Yes, there are different types of power bank circuits available. Some may have a single USB port, while others may have multiple ports for charging multiple devices at once. Additionally, there are power bank circuits with different battery capacities and input/output voltages.

5. Can I build my own power bank circuit with a 2.7V input?

Yes, it is possible to build your own power bank circuit with a 2.7V input. However, it requires knowledge of electronics and circuit design. It is recommended to consult a professional or follow a detailed guide to ensure safety and proper functioning of the circuit.