I'm a genomic student in pursuit of the fountain of youth!

In summary, as a genomic student, my main focus is on studying the genetic makeup of individuals in order to find a potential "fountain of youth." By analyzing the genes responsible for aging and finding ways to manipulate them, I hope to contribute to the development of anti-aging treatments and potentially extend human lifespan.
Galen
How did you find PF?
Google search
My studies are motivated by the dream of eternal youth, and all the implications of eternal youth for society at large. Currently, my studies primarily revolve around the topics of telomere maintenance, and cellular senescence. My current theory for the attainment of eternal youth involves the genetic editing of macrophages for the better detection and digestion of senescent cells, followed by upregulation of telomerase in stem cells to prevent stem cell exhaustion. Macrophages already digest most senescent cells and stem cells already attenuate most of their telomere loss, but both processes are incomplete. I think reinforcing these pre-existing rejuvenating mechanisms is the best way to combat aging; However, this view is simple and truth resists simplicity. I expect that continued education will complicate my views. I hope that conversations with those in this community will challenge my views and broaden my perspective.

[Moderator's note: Our rules do not allow this kind of publications. Thank you.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello and :welcome: !

Please note that we do not discuss unpublished work on PF and that publications automatically imply the property scientific.

Have fun and stay curious!

Likes hutchphd
Thank you for the warm welcome, and the warning.

Likes berkeman
Back