I'm confused where to study these topics?

In summary, the main topic discussed in the conversation is the study of strain, stresses, and constitutive law in a linear elastic model in 1D, 2D, and 3D. The conversation also mentions the importance of studying kinematics, stresses and equilibrium, and the constitutive law for linear elastic isotropic materials in plane stress. The speaker is struggling to understand these concepts and is looking for a book that covers them in depth, such as "Theory of Elasticity" by Timishenko or "Theory of Elasticity" by J.F. Nye.
Mohrcircle
The main topic I'm struggling with is as follows:

Strain, stresses and constitutive law in a 1D,2D, and 3D linear elastic model
i. Kinematics:displacements and strains (something about stress, strain and displacements fields is also mentioned)
ii. Stresses and equilibrium
iii.Constitutive law for linear elastic isotropic material in plane stress

(something about stress, strain and displacements fields is also mentioned)

I have put images below for clarity.

I'm confused because he stated that I don't need to study tensors and his notes are sufficient however I am struggling to understand, hence I need books that cover the theory. I was hoping if someone could identify for me a good book to cover the topics (otherwise I'm busted for exams).
upload_2018-3-29_18-48-32.png

upload_2018-3-29_18-48-56.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-29_18-48-32.png
    upload_2018-3-29_18-48-32.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 547
  • upload_2018-3-29_18-48-56.png
    upload_2018-3-29_18-48-56.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 562
Physics news on Phys.org
Theory of Elasticity, Timishenko

Likes Charles Link
Chestermiller said:
Theory of Elasticity, Timishenko

Legend thanks

1. What topics are you confused about?

As a scientist, I am not entirely sure which topics you are referring to. Can you provide more specific information about the subject matter you are struggling with?

2. Why are you confused about where to study these topics?

I may not have enough information about your personal preferences and goals to recommend a specific place to study. It is important to consider factors such as location, resources, and program offerings when choosing a place to study.

3. What resources are available for studying these topics?

There are a variety of resources available for studying different topics, such as textbooks, online courses, research articles, and academic institutions. It is important to do some research and determine which resources would best suit your learning style and needs.

4. How do I choose where to study these topics?

Choosing where to study is a personal decision that depends on various factors, including your academic goals, financial situation, and personal preferences. It may be helpful to make a list of your priorities and compare different options based on those criteria.

5. Can you recommend a specific place to study these topics?

As a scientist, I cannot provide a specific recommendation without knowing more about your individual circumstances. It is important to thoroughly research and consider all available options before making a decision on where to study.